Firmware update doom loop [solved with FW C3.3.1]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
pazoulay

February 20th, 2024, 2:00 am

So excited tonight to upgrade the firmware to the unleashed so that I can finally use it for long exposures on my Sony A7IV.
But I seem to have entered a firmware update doom loop and the unleashed appears not not be usable anymore,

The update first seem like it was doing well, and then it stalled. Yes, I was pressing the shutter on the camera so that it would not go to sleep.

I am sharing two screenshots that will give a glimpse of what is happening.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/t27l3984 ... 406u3&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ejet99x9 ... e7j0x&dl=0

This is so frustrating,

Pierre
Oliver

February 20th, 2024, 2:44 am

😱 Sorry about that, looks like a change in our bootloader to improve firmware flashing during production caused another error that we did not catch. We have reverted the firmware versions to A3.2.1 B3.2.1 C3.1.0, so you should be able to "downgrade" by hitting update again. You might have to delete the app and re-install it, to clear the previously downloaded 3.3.0 version.
the downgrade will keep telling you that the firmware is up to date, instead of showing the percentage. You can ignore the message and watch the LED of the Unleashed instead - it should be blinking blue while it's updating.

We'll try to publish a fix tomorrow, should that not work!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
pazoulay

February 20th, 2024, 3:06 am

Thanks. I was able to restore the status quo ante with your advice. I'll be eagerly waiting for the update that works...one steps backward two steps forward?
regards

Pierre
Tim

February 20th, 2024, 10:23 am

Sorry about the troubles!
We just released firmware version A3.3.0 B3.3.0 C3.3.1 with a fix for the problem with updating firmware A yesterday.
Let us know if long exposures with your Sony A7IV are now working as expected.