Holy Grail not working - Sony 7r4.

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
photojourneyman

March 14th, 2024, 7:41 am

I haven't been able to get the holy grail timelapse working (which is mainly what I purchased Unleashed for).

Standard timelapse appears to work fine, but nothing I do can get the shutter button to start the holy grail timelapse. When I enter the Holy Grail screen I get the message "choose a setting to get started", It is not clear what this means. I change settings but still can't get the shutter button to work.

There are no options available to choose Algorithm and it is set to OFF and can't be changed (A grey message saying "HOLY GRAIL ALGRORITHM" is all that appears. I was expecting to be able to change the algorithm that controls the holy grail exposure, as illustrated in the video tutorial.

I am using App version 3.1.1 (5604) on an iphone 15 promax. I have downloaded and installed the latest firmware: A 3.3.0 B 3.3.0 C3.3.1 Serial no. 013001.

I have attached some screen shots... Really want to solve this and would appreciate any help.
unleashed02.png
unleashed02.png (132.37 KiB) Viewed 161 times
unleashed01.png
unleashed01.png (102.86 KiB) Viewed 161 times
photojourneyman

April 3rd, 2024, 11:28 pm

After many, many tests I have yet to complete a succesful timelapse with the Sony 7R4. The most common recurring problem is aperture does not change according to the TV-AV-ISO ramping order equation. Aperture is simply skipped so if I start with F8 pre sunset or sunrise, several hours after sunset or sunrise, the aperture remains the same, even though shutter speed and ISO have ramped appropriately. I have checked my camera settings that exposure adjustment is set to .3EV rather than .5, don't know if this makes a difference but I heard that Unleashed adjusts in .3 EV increments.
photojourneyman

April 9th, 2024, 1:31 am

Update: I can confirm that there is a bug in ramping - when set to TV-AV-ISO it actually changes in the order ISO-AV-ISO. This has happened on my Sony 7R4 and 7R3.
I have managed to get the 7R3 holy grail working, taking into mind the incorrect ramping order. However the 7R4 still has a problem where the aperture is skipped, or at best changes a few times then skips to the next variable in the ramping order, even though the limit wasn't reached.
I have submitted a bug report for this and realize I shouldn't post in two places, but I don't get any response from the bug reports and maybe this post can help someone else.