HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO GET THE GENIE MINI 1(!) MOVING?

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
angryuser

April 3rd, 2024, 1:56 pm

As I have unfortunately not received any response from Oliver to my detailed description, I am opening a new thread with just one question:

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO GET THE GENIE MINI 1(!) MOVING?

A short answer would be great, as I can then save myself any effort in this direction.
photojourneyman

April 4th, 2024, 12:03 am

Short answer is NO.

I also have had no success in getting the genie mini (1) moving. It connects fine and I have done the set-up exactly as described in the tutorial video, setting up the movement in the Syrp app then disconnecting from Syrp and connecting to Unleashed app. But no movement during timelapse. I will keep trying and post if I have success. I wonder if its the age of the genie mini, being the first version of the device.
Interstingly I have a Syrp pan device also, only a few years old and I have been able to get this to move.
I also have been frustrated by the underwhelming and slow response to support requests. I have yet to get my 7R4 or 7R3 to do a holy grail timelapse as advertised in foolography's marketing material. I wouldn't recommend this device to any photographer at this stage.
angryuser

April 5th, 2024, 1:37 am

Hey john,
Thanks for your answer- I was unsure if there is not at least someone who managed to get it in motion.
I think as well that the functions that can not simply be done with a low budget trigger are all not working or working very unstable- and if you want to do serious timelapsing a device that fails from time to time really sukks and is completly useless.

The only way to get the Syrp Genie Mini working is to let the Mini trigger the cam by cable and let the Unleashed do the Holygrail...