Little UI issues

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
wdaehn

October 30th, 2018, 7:31 pm

• When waking up from standby, and clicking on Flash Comp, the text reads 0.0 but die dial at the bottom shows -3.0. Clicking on the same button again sets the dial to 0.0 as well.
  • Timelapse calculation screen is not initializing correctly. I have set the interval to 1s, duration 1 minute and it shows correctly that 61 photos will be taken and the clip length is 2s at 30fps. Now switch to Video mode and back to Timelapse. It will show above settings except the clip length is reported as 6s now.
  • The Unleased says in the notification bar "Sending geotagging data". Don't like that text. Especially as it is showing that text even if GPS sending is turned off in the Unleashed app or the camera is off.
  • In the Timelapse screen, when the camera is turned off, a red stop sign is shows. I like that. Show it in the Photo and Video screens as well, would be my proposal.
  • In Photo mode and when the camera is turned off it says "Photo trigger is read-only" and "Camera is off". The first line does not make sense, show the others only.
Samsung Galaxy S8 latest update
Nikon Z6.
Andy

October 31st, 2018, 10:31 am

Hi wdaehn,

I will submit your feedback to the Android team. It would be really helpful if you post screenshots of the issues you mention.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
wdaehn

October 31st, 2018, 10:51 am

I think these points are easily reproducible. If not, please let me know and I will post screenshots. Hope that's okay.
Nikon Z6.
Andy

October 31st, 2018, 10:54 am

I can reproduce the last three points. I couldn't reproduce the first two: the flash comp issue and the clip length issue.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
wdaehn

October 31st, 2018, 4:42 pm

When waking up from standby, and clicking on Flash Comp, the text reads 0.0 but die dial at the bottom shows -3.0. Clicking on the same button again sets the dial to 0.0 as well.
Turn on Camera, open the Unleashed app, click on the Flash Comp setting. The button does show 0.0 and the selector at the bottom screen as well.
Click on any of the other buttons, e.g. WB.
Now wait for the camera to go into standby (=Metering off).
Once all buttons are grayed out, click the Flash Comp button.
It takes a few seconds for the camera to be connected via USB, then the Flash Comp button correctly shows 0.0 but the selector at the bottom -3.

Note: Do not touch the camera, else the behavior is correct. The Unleashed should wake up the camera.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YvPuYCMErrpUbUrr5
Nikon Z6.
wdaehn

October 31st, 2018, 4:47 pm

Timelapse calculation screen is not initializing correctly. I have set the interval to 1s, duration 1 minute and it shows correctly that 61 photos will be taken and the clip length is 2s at 30fps. Now switch to Video mode and back to Timelapse. It will show above settings except the clip length is reported as 6s now.
Don't know why you cannot reproduce it.
Go into the timelapse mode and select interval=1s and duration=00:01.
Clip Length reads 2s.
Now go into the Photo page.
Now go into the timelapse screen again and check if the Clip Length says 2s or 6s as in my case - screenshot below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UDMjE1ApQhLNoYTK9
Nikon Z6.