App reports "trigger is not available" when SD card is empty [solved]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
kwpeng

November 1st, 2018, 1:01 pm

I am using Nikon D7500 and app version 1.00 (391). When the SD card is empty, the app reports ""Photo trigger is not available. Card is full, read-only or faulty. Check SD card." But once there is more than one photo in the SD card, the app says "Choose a setting to get started." I think that there is a bug with the app when the card is empty.
wdaehn

November 1st, 2018, 2:21 pm

My cards are always empty and I have not seen that problem. Can you check various ways to reproduce that, maybe?
For example I took a couple of test photos, then deleted all using the delete button until the camera said there are none and then used the app to make more test photos. Had no problem.
Samsung Galaxy S8 latest update
Nikon Z6.
Oliver

November 1st, 2018, 5:20 pm

Hi kwpeng

thanks for your report. We have seen a similar error before, but your info specifies it and we can try to reproduce it. I assume this only happens when the USB cable is not plugged in, is that correct?

We always noticed that the falsely reported error goes away when you take a photo on the camera. I was just able to reproduce this happens exactly when the card is freshly formatted or when deleting the last image, so thanks for that specification!

We'll see where the error comes from and fix it.

We've already decided not to lock the shutter in SD-related cases like this anymore, as we have noticed a few cases where taking a photo or video without an SD card might be wanted. Instead we'll display a warning in the app, but still allow using the trigger.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
kwpeng

November 1st, 2018, 10:34 pm

No, I did not plug in the cable. This is the other problem I have: the cable I received is not for standard microUSB that Nikon D7500 is using. Nikon D7500 has to be paired with N2 but the cable has to be compatible with microUSB port. I received a cable with a different plug. As a result, I am not able to use the cable yet.
Andy

November 6th, 2018, 10:01 am

Hi kwpeng,

Did you receive a cable with a mini-USB plug?
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Oliver

November 6th, 2018, 12:27 pm

Hi kwpeng,
our records show that when you filled out the survey of which camera you'd like to use the Unleashed with, you chose the D5100 - hence we sent you the corresponding cable with the 8-pin plug. Sorry that it doesn't fit your new camera...

We'll add the cables to the online shop soon.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
kwpeng

November 7th, 2018, 3:37 am

Hi,

I did raise the question regarding my switch to Nikon D7500 on my pledge page at the end of last year. Apparently my pledge record was not changed because of this communication.

Now I will wait for the cable to appear at the online shop. It would be good to provide the info of compatible models for each cable on the webpage of the online shop so that people won’t purchase the wrong one.

Best