Error 70 on Canon EOS 60D [edit: + 550D] [solved]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
pixelkind

November 1st, 2018, 3:34 pm

Hej,

my new Unleashed has just arrived but I only get the Error 70. My Camera Model is an Eos 60D. If you need more information, please feel free to contact me.
Oliver

November 1st, 2018, 5:04 pm

Hi, and sorry for that.

We fixed many Error 70's on Canon, but saw a new one with an older camera that we hadn't tested - the 550D - at photokina. I assume yours will have the same issue.
We're in the process of getting a camera like that, to fix the issue as soon as possible. Sorry you have to be even more patient after such a long wait already.

Does it happen from the very beginning? or do you do anything in particular (eg change a setting, switch on GPS,...) to get that error?
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
pixelkind

November 2nd, 2018, 9:31 am

Hej Oliver,

it happens from the very beginning. I am not able to change any settings. If you need some data/video/picture or you have some kind of test protocol, just tell me what you need.
dominikkv

November 2nd, 2018, 6:28 pm

Hi,

same for me, I also have a Canon EOS 60D and get the Err 70. It happens when I switch on the camera with the Unleashed plugged in (after sensor cleaning), and also when I plug in the Unleashed in the running camera.

Thanks
Dominik
Pepsi83

November 4th, 2018, 12:48 am

Hi,
same on my side with a 550D (like described in the known issue).
Also from beginning and like dominikkv explained, no difference on Starting Cam with already plugged unleashed or plug into the running cam.
HannsGeorg

November 4th, 2018, 8:56 pm

Hi Oliver,
I came back to your booth at Photokina after receiving Unleashed for my 60D because I couldn't find the android app. Wasn't releases yet. Only now I can tell you that I have the Err 70 on my camera (4 digit serial number) and also on the newer 60D from my company. The orange/green/yellow LED is blinking very slowly...
Disappointed regards
Hanns Georg
HannsGeorg

November 4th, 2018, 9:02 pm

I forgot to mention : firmware version 1.1.1 on both cameras.
Hanns georg
TheRealTimYoung

November 5th, 2018, 5:47 pm

sorry for the x post, but yeah I've a 60D showing error 70, tried everything cannot get my camera to work with Unleashed plugged in. Interesting to know how you're going to fix this remotely, is it even possible?
Oliver

November 6th, 2018, 12:15 am

Alright, thanks for your input. Now we know for sure it's not just a one-off issue, but that it affects these two camera models, and maybe more.

Sorry for the disappointment - but don't worry: it won't last. We're looking into the issue and I'm sure we'll fix it.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
FabianF

November 6th, 2018, 8:22 am

Hi, I have the same Error 70 on my Canon 60D. I just installed the latest firmware version (1.1.2) to see if this changes anything. Unfortunately not :-( Error still occurs.
I also have a 5D Mark II which I unfortunately cannot get to work either. There I was able to connect to the app shortly but it gave me an USB error and when I tried to replug it in it stopped working completely. There is no little light on the unleashed, it just stays black now..