C2 not working on Canon 5D Mark II [solved]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
chrisastall

November 4th, 2018, 4:01 pm

Hi, received my C2 yesterday and today trying it out. I have C2 serial number 001695 and a Canon 5D mark ii with firmware 2.1.2.

On entering the app all the features are greyed out and, many say that the camera doesn’t support the feature (mode and Tv), Av sayslens not attached or locked (which it isn’t), All others say unknown error. The photo trigger also says unknown errors.

I have tried turning camera on and off, unplugging and reinserting the C2 and reinstalling the app and nothing seems to make any difference.

Help much need please

Chris,
square

November 5th, 2018, 10:57 am

Hi,

same here.
I have a Canon EOS 5D Mark II and the C2 does not work! It is connected to the app (turqoise dot).

But features are greyed out in the app (tried it with Iphone 5 SE and Ipad Pro 10.5). When selecting a feature it says: "Mode is not available. This camera doesn't have this feature." or "lense not attached." (Manual, TV, AV-Mode,...) or in other features (e.g. ISO-setting) it says "ISO is not available. Unknown error." Photo trigger also states "unknown error".

Tried it with full battery and empty Compact-Flash-Card. There is a question mark over the battery icon in the app and also next to it on the left a question mark in brackets (displays the number of pictures, I assume). On the far left where the turqoise dot is it said "C2: Canon 5D Mark II" in the beginning - now it says: "C2: 001462" (my serial number).

IMG_6443b.png
IMG_6443b.png (34.54 KiB) Viewed 9486 times
I also tried what Chris did above, nothing works!

Christoph
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Canon EOS 5D Mark II (Firmware version 2.1.2) / C2
IPHONE 5 SE (iOS 12.1)
TheRealTimYoung

November 5th, 2018, 4:58 pm

As posted on Kickstarter with more information ...

Hi, I received my Unleashed yesterday and was very excited to start using it after the long wait. However, after various attempts trying, whilst the device is plugged into my camera, my camera flashes an error code and I cannot take any shots.

After making sure both batteries were charged and in my grip, I installed my C2 on my Canon 60D, making sure that the C2 was plugged in as far as possible. I then turned my camera on and when started the C2 had a glowing orange light until my camera had finished booting whereupon the error message Error Code 70 is shown. Obviously no shots can be taken.

I obviously didn't get a chance to pair the C2 with my iPhone, I have tried most everything I can think of, reset camera to defaults, on/off, fresh SD card, nothing changes!

When the C2 is removed, the error code disappears and the camera is able to be used as normal.

Any advice?
square

November 5th, 2018, 5:22 pm

TheRealTimYoung wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 4:58 pm
As posted on Kickstarter with more information ...

Hi, I received my Unleashed yesterday and was very excited to start using it after the long wait. However, after various attempts trying, whilst the device is plugged into my camera, my camera flashes an error code and I cannot take any shots.

After making sure both batteries were charged and in my grip, I installed my C2 on my Canon 60D, making sure that the C2 was plugged in as far as possible. I then turned my camera on and when started the C2 had a glowing orange light until my camera had finished booting whereupon the error message Error Code 70 is shown. Obviously no shots can be taken.

I obviously didn't get a chance to pair the C2 with my iPhone, I have tried most everything I can think of, reset camera to defaults, on/off, fresh SD card, nothing changes!

When the C2 is removed, the error code disappears and the camera is able to be used as normal.

Any advice?
@TheRealTimYoung

not sure, if this is the same problem we have with the Canon 5D Mark II.
There's a seperate thread on the Bugs & Issues section with the Error Code 70 already. ;)
TheRealTimYoung

November 5th, 2018, 5:46 pm

thanks for the headsup, I must of missed that. I'll take a look

Cheers!
Canon 60D (firmware 1.1.1)
Oliver

November 5th, 2018, 6:16 pm

We're really sorry for these problems.

They are different problems for sure. we saw the Error 70 on the 550D at photokina on a customer's camera, and are already getting one to figure these out.

The 5Dmk2 issues are new to us and sound very different. Thanks for reporting these.
Do you have any chance to test the the C2's on another compatible camera? We tested every unit before shipping them out, and having two of you with the same problem does make it sound like it's a Camera model related issue than a broken Unleashed, but it would be good to be sure.

We'll try and get a 5Dmk2 as well to run tests on. We did have lots of different cameras here for development and testing, but as you can imagine, we could not get every single model. We did notice new types of problems being introduced with newer generations different classes of cameras, so we tried to spread our development cameras over all of these to cover our bases, but it looks like we missed two...
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
podelwitzer

November 5th, 2018, 6:23 pm

Dasselbe Problem habe ich mit der Canon EOS 6D MII, Firmware 1.0.2 und Galaxy Note 8, Android 8.0
square

November 5th, 2018, 6:53 pm

Oliver wrote:

They are different problems for sure. we saw the Error 70 on the 550D at photokina on a customer's camera, and are already getting one to figure these out.

The 5Dmk2 issues are new to us and sound very different. Thanks for reporting these.
Do you have any chance to test the the C2's on another compatible camera? We tested every unit before shipping them out, and having two of you with the same problem does make it sound like it's a Camera model related issue than a broken Unleashed, but it would be good to be sure.

We'll try and get a 5Dmk2 as well to run tests on. We did have lots of different cameras here for development and testing, but as you can imagine, we could not get every single model. We did notice new types of problems being introduced with newer generations different classes of cameras, so we tried to spread our development cameras over all of these to cover our bases, but it looks like we missed two...
I do have the opportunity to test the C2 on a Canon 7D tomorrow by late afternoon - I'll post an update by tomorrow evening!
chrisastall

November 5th, 2018, 8:36 pm

Oliver wrote:

Unfortunately I don't have one easily to hand. I will ask around at work though and see
rich

November 5th, 2018, 11:50 pm

Hi,

I have the same issue as square's post:

When selecting a feature it says: "Mode is not available. This camera doesn't have this feature." or "lense not attached." (Manual, TV, AV-Mode,...) or in other features (e.g. ISO-setting) it says "ISO is not available. Unknown error."

The photo trigger button does work on mine however...

I'm using my C2 with a Canon Rebel T1i / 500D (FW 1.1.2) and running the Android variant of the app (v0.9.3) (Google Pixel 3XL Android 9)
2018-11-05 22.44.09.png
2018-11-05 22.44.09.png (28.78 KiB) Viewed 9423 times
Thanks

Rich