Stopping Video does not work / Canon EOS650D / Android 8.0.0 [solved]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
RedSheep

November 14th, 2018, 2:04 pm

Starting to record a video by pressing the red button on the bottom of the app works.

By pressing the button again, I expected that the recording of the video stopps - but the camera does not stop to record the video.
Andy

November 14th, 2018, 3:03 pm

Hi RedSheep,

Does the red button become a "square"? i.e. does the app reflect that a video is recording at all?
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Andy

November 14th, 2018, 3:39 pm

Can you even stop the video from the camera? Or do you have to turn the camera off to stop it?
Andy
RedSheep

November 22nd, 2018, 8:48 am

Hi Andy

I retested this issue again more detailed.

After starting the video by pressing the round button it becomes square. If I immediately stop the video, it does stop.

This works only for 2-3 seconds. After this time, the square button becomes round again. The video is still capturing in the EOS and now there is no way to stop the video. Neither by pressing the button in the app, nor by pressing the trigger of the camera. The only way to stop the recording is to switch off the camera.

Regards, Fabian
Andy

November 22nd, 2018, 9:52 am

Hi Fabian,

We fixed a bunch of bugs with video lately. It's likely that you're experiencing one of these. Did you have GPS turned on?
Andy