start af

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
MAC

October 20th, 2018, 9:54 am

how can I start AF using the APP? With the old "Bad Elf" I could focus and trigger remotely, the Android App only offers trigger button.
Andy

October 20th, 2018, 6:28 pm

Hi MAC,

Unfortunately "half-pressing" through the app is not supported yet (emphasis in yet). The UNLEASHED is already capable of half-pressing, but we're still figuring out how to design a decent UI with which you can intuitively half-press the trigger (AF). The feature will definitely come in a future update.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
wdaehn

October 31st, 2018, 5:24 pm

How do you suggest to use the AF? Say I am taking a timelapse through a fence. One picture the AF is on infinitely, the next picture on 1m focusing on the fence.

I would think you do
1. half press the shutter to AF.
2. Validate with image preview if the AF is set correctly.
3. Disable AF.
4. start taking the interval photos.

Would be nice if the app supports us somewhat in timelapse mode. At the moment I would disable AF via the lens button prio to starting the timelapse. Unless I forgot...
Samsung Galaxy S8 latest update
Nikon Z6.
Oliver

November 1st, 2018, 6:34 pm

Hi,
As Andy said: "Half-press" from the app will come as soon as we figure out a decent UI for that.

At the moment we simply fully press the shutterbutton to take a photo. if the camera/lens is set to AF, we cannot disable Autofocus, ie it will autofocus before taking a picture.
So wdaehn, your suggestion is unfortunately not possible. But so that you do not forget, we warn you in the app that the camera/lens is set to autofocus:

IMG_BA1A53F9DD56-1.jpeg
IMG_BA1A53F9DD56-1.jpeg (226.61 KiB) Viewed 5801 times

You just need to pre-focus while framing the shot before starting the timelapse!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.