Latest Firmware Update Breaks Canon 7D Compatibility

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
KeithDW

May 24th, 2019, 9:52 am

I received a new Unleashed C2 in the post yesterday, but I am unable to use it with my Canon 7D (firmware 2.0.6). I think there is an issue with the latest firmware.

I have an original C2 from Kickstarter which has not been updated to the latest firmware and is showing A 1.3.2, B 1.3.1, C 1.2.5, this unit is working fine with my Canon 7D.

The unit I received yesterday, was updated from Firmware 1.0.0 upon arrival to the latest A 1.3.2, B 1.3.1, C 1.3.0. This version does take power from the camera but does not communicate with it and is therefore unable to do anything. There is no error message, but I am informed that the USB on my camera is not active (the 7D does not have wifi and the USB is not disabled, I can control it perfectly with my original Kickstarter C2 and via cable with my PC).

Is it possible to roll back the firmware? Is anybody else having this same issue?
KeithDW

May 25th, 2019, 11:43 am

Mmm. That's annoying as mine is a mk1 as well. Must be a faulty C2 that I received in the post.

I'll see if I can get a response from Foolography and get it replaced!
Oliver

June 25th, 2019, 11:25 pm

Hi Keith,

sorry for the late reply.
There's a new update that was just released, you're welcome to try this one more time. If that doesn't solve the issue, we will exchange your device for a new one. For that, please write to support@foolography.com and request an RMA - add your original order number and a link to this thread so my colleague knows what's up.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.