C2 Not Working with Canon 6D Mark II [solved]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Spartan

November 19th, 2018, 4:07 am

Unleashed 001612, SN: C2, v1.0-1.0-1.1

Similar symptoms to some of the other C2 issues:
  • It detects the camera and properly displays it as: "C2: 6F Mark II".
  • When I hit the trigger, it displays: "Photo trigger is read-only. Unknown error."
  • All icons, except the GPS one grayed out and display some error, often "Unkown error."
  • The GPS icon switches kind of randomly between active and greyed out.
  • I have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth disabled, enabling them doesn't make any difference.
  • Interestingly, when I go through the 6D's menus, the "Tools Menu 1 item: "Wireless communication settings" is blinking on and off at about 1Hz with a 60% duty cycle and I lose access to its sub-menus when it grays out. If I remove the Unleashed it stops blinking and I can access those settings again.
I can perform other tests as recommended.

JMH
Andy

November 19th, 2018, 11:07 am

Hey Spartan,

We're sorry that some Canon cameras are having issues. Thank you for your report though :) We have already fixed some issues for Canon and are expecting to release a beta to a small number of people, possibly next week. After we have validated the fix, we will release a firmware update ASAP.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Oliver

November 20th, 2018, 5:33 pm

Hi JMH
As Andy already said, this is an issue that we have hopefully already fixed.
It's an issue with the initialization of the USB communication.
Canon implemented its wifi in such a way that it uses the usb communication channel internally, which means you can only either use USB or Wifi, but not both at the same time. I imagine that's why you're seeing the blinking Wireless communication settings entry in the menu. As the Unleashed tries to initialize USB, Canon greys out the entry. when it fails, it becomes active again, but the Unleashed will retry about once per second.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.