The Unleashed has many purposes,
- a simple remote trigger - whether for Selfies with the DSLR, or vibration free triggering on a tripod
- start and stop video recording.
- change all Settings without having to touch the camera, really great if you have the camera on a tripod or a less stable stand - and you need to make a change to the settings - usually you're still behind the camera, so you can see the result on the back screen of the camera...
- timed loooong exposures: Change the camera to Bulb, and the Unleashed can trigger a precisely timed long exposure up to 4.6 hours. Select the time in third stop increments, making it easy to use with ND Filters.
- easy to set up timelapses - the Unleashed will trigger the camera in an interval you set, and will keep going even if you go out of range with the smartphone, or you kill the app.
- Autoramped "Holy Grail" day-to-night transition timelapses, for which you normally require complex setups.
- Geotagging - save the location where you took the photo right in the photo's metadata
- Control multiple cameras from one phone - up to 6 at once, for all above features!
Basically all the features we advertise on our Website, on the Amazon product description, as well as the detailed content at the bottom of the amazon page.
As I said, we never suggest that Live-view, Selecting focus points, Touch to focus or Image transmission is possible. We even write in our description of the Photo Review that "the Unleashed will send a thumbnail to your smartphone for quick review and to check exposure", and tried to not suggest that you can use the transmitted thumbnail to check sharpness, because you can't!
So I have no idea what made you assume that the Unleashed provides those functions...
If you can tell us, that would really help, so we can rewrite those description to make it clearer.
If you must post a review, please be fair, and don't give us a negative review for not providing features that you hoped for, but we don't advertise. I don't know if you can post a review without a rating, (which would be fairest). If that's not possible, please consider using amazons function to ask a question whether the Unleashed supports Live-view, Image transmission, Selecting focus points, etc, and we'll be happy to reply with a clear answer, so as to warn other buyers not to buy it for this purpose.
Now as to your issue with not getting the thumbnail preview to transfer, that really should work, and I'll be happy to help you with that - could you send me a screen recording how you're trying to use that? That would help greatly with diagnosing the issue.
Did you have a look at our tutorial?
https://www.foolography.com/faqs/how-do ... to-review/
can you tell me exactly where things go wrong when you try to follow it?