N1: USB is not active [hardware defect]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
JoshuaGKTW

August 12th, 2021, 4:05 pm

Hello,

I am receiving the same hardware defect message. Serial number: 000659

I have successfully connected the Entagged device to the camera, the USB from Entagged to Nikon D300s, connected Entagged to the IOS App, updated firmware, and paired an Opticon barcode scanner.

The received the message on 2 different Nikon D300s: Barcode Tagging is not Available. USB is not active.

Thank you for your help!

Josh
IT Analyst
Give Kids the World
Oliver

August 12th, 2021, 9:26 pm

Hi Josh,

hmm, that's odd.
I doubt it's a hardware defect, as we test all Entaggeds before shipping them out.
Could you test the D300s' Usb port using any kind of tethering software, like "Sofortbild" or Lightroom, or of course Nikon Capture?

Does the D300s still have the option to change USB mode? ie switch between Mass Storage and PTP/MTP? if so, please switch it to PTP/MTP.

Please also send me your Appstore email address to beta@foolography.com, we just released an Entagged beta, where I can invite you to. We made a lot of changes in our firmware, that fixed many small bugs.

Thanks already.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
JoshuaGKTW

August 18th, 2021, 6:43 pm

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the delayed response!

I will check into these settings via the camera.

EDIT:

I can successfully tether the camera via the USB to a PC. The D300s does not have a 'USB mode' only ptp mode

EDIT 2.0: After Tethering to the PC via USB and plugging the Entagged back in, the device worked properly. Interesting and odd - But worth noting and hopefully it helps another individual later.

Thanks!
Oliver

August 18th, 2021, 9:22 pm

That's good to hear!

Sorry for the initial trouble!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.