unknown error [hardware defect]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
MikeB

April 19th, 2020, 12:35 pm

After update I am having issues. I can no longer select a long exposure. or even take a picture in any mode. Just purchased last month from B&H. NY.
I am using a Nikon Z7 latest update. please help!
Attachments
Error2-firmware.jpg
Error2-firmware.jpg (75.14 KiB) Viewed 3521 times
error1.jpg
error1.jpg (106.16 KiB) Viewed 3521 times
Oliver

April 19th, 2020, 12:51 pm

Hi
Sorry for the trouble!

That's odd, but I think I might see the cause for the issue:

it looks like the shutterbutton is pressed in the screenshot!
That could be on the camera or the Unleashed.

Or with the USB cable for that matter.

could you try without the USB cable? or you can try pulling out the USB cable by just a tiny distance from the Unleashed (0.5mm is enough).
And watch the shutterbutton in the app. Tap it to see if there's any change, and to check if triggering works.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
MikeB

April 19th, 2020, 9:14 pm

I tried without the cable. and only the GPS works (all other option greyed out). Other menu says wait for shot.
My eyes are not what they used to be (52 years old), But this morning I see a crease in the USB cable. I have only had your product about a month and now the more I think about it (I have used it twice), I have had intermittent issues all along. restarting the camera to get the menu etc.
That might explain why, for a brief moment last night it worked until making a exposure selection. Not sure if I just got a damaged cable or somehow it was pinched. nevertheless I am looking forward to using you product again. I do believe this is the best product out there.
Can you help me with a cable replacement? I do live in the US.
Attachments
blank.jpg
blank.jpg (95.67 KiB) Viewed 3517 times
Oliver

April 22nd, 2020, 10:51 am

Hi Mike,
unfortunately, it looks like it's not the cable.
I can see that in the screenshot without the cable, the shutterbutton is partially or fully pressed.
That looks like a hardware issue of the Unleashed. It could have been caused by the cable, since the triggering pins are present in the socket the cable plugs into. But if it's there when the cable is unplugged, we'll have to replace your Unleashed.

Unfortunately, all affordable shipping options from Germany use USPS as the carrier in the US, and all imports from Germany go through New York. At the moment the situation is so bad there, that USPS is not accepting ANY shipments from Germany!

As soon as they do again, we will send you a replacement Unleashed. Please write a quick email (with a link to this thread) to support@foolography.com asking for a replacement

Sorry for the trouble, and now the extra trouble with shipping :-/
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.