Nikon Z6 [solved with 1.3.10)

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Byers7

May 31st, 2020, 7:22 pm

New firmware update has caused an issue with the timelapse mode. It won't start the time lapse properly. You have to click the button a few times before it starts and then if you have the phone screen off it restarts the time lapse again. Also the battery needs removed from the camera then reinserted for the device to be recognised. Also you can't downgrade the firmware even tho you are given the option.
Oliver

June 1st, 2020, 12:09 pm

Hi Paul,

I just answered your email too.

Yes, there's an issue with the current android app, and possibly with the firmware it contains. For an unknown reason, the firmware presents itself as A1.4.6, but in fact is 1.4.5. The app knows that it has firmware 1.4.5, is told by the unleashed that it has 1.4.6, so it offers a downgrade, while in fact it's the same firmware.
This shouldn't be possible, as both the app and the firmware get the version number from the same place, so something must have gone wrong while building the firmware. We'll release a new build this week

If you have the possibility, you could do a real downgrade with an iOS device! our current iOS app still has FW version A 1.4.4.

I think the timelapse button in the android app still has some problems, but it might be worth a shot. After the downgrade using iOS, you can keep using the unleashed with android again. You'll just have to resist the temptation to update the firmware again to get rid of the notification icon. ;-)

Sorry for the trouble.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Oliver

June 17th, 2020, 4:01 pm

Issue is fixed in the latest Android App release (1.3.10) from June 5th.
Billgriz57

September 26th, 2020, 2:37 am

uuhh, maybe not.
I received my unleashed N2 this afternoon. Plugged it in to my Z6 (FW 3.0), downloaded the Android app (1.3.10). Connected fine. Ran some tests. All good. Checked firmware, said "A 1.4.6". App offered downgrade, but I didn't do it. After some playing, turned off camera and replaced battery. On turn on, app would connect to the N2 but reported that phone was not turned on. Camera worked but N2 did not. Eventually, I rechecked the firmware and now it was listed as "A 0.0.-1 custom beta 15". Now it offered an update to 1.4.5. Performed the update successfully and all worked again.
Oliver

September 28th, 2020, 10:54 am

Hi Bill,
While what you saw shouldn't happen either, I don't think it's related to this original issue.
"A 0.0.-1 custom beta 15" shown as firmware version obviously means that something went wrong with either reading the Microprocessor "A"'s firmware version, or with relaying that to the app. It could have well been that unplugging/replugging the camera battery or the Unleashed would have also solved the issue, but a firmware up/downgrade also restarts the Unleashed twice, so I'm glad that it fixed your issue.

I assume you won't, but please let us know if you ever see this again!