BT-Verbindung mit QStarz BL-1000ST

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Oliver

April 7th, 2021, 10:49 pm

Hallo Frank, kurze Rückfrage dazu:
welchen Bug meinst Du? Den Timeout bug, dass die Verbindung nach einer Stunde verloren geht, oder dass beim Start falsche Daten geschrieben werden?

Wie gesagt ist der Timeout bug bereits in der Beta Firmware behoben, die wir leider immer noch nur für iOS anbieten können. :-(
Workaround: Unleashed LED beobachten. Wenn das Unleashed rot blinkt, kamera-akku kurz entfernen und wieder einsetzen, oder in der App den GPS Empfänger unpairen und neu pairen.

Wegen dem Bug mit den falschen Daten haben wir schon mindestens 3-4 Anläufe gestartet, und konnten ihn einfach nicht reproduzieren. Das macht es unglaublich schwierig ihn zu beheben, denn die Implementierung des Protokolls scheint ja sonst in Ordnung zu sein - die haben wir natürlich auch nochmal überprüft, und konnten keine Fehler finden.
Wenn es eine neue Firmware von Qstarz gibt, können wir diese auch nochmal installieren und testen, aber ich bezweifle, dass wir dann plötzlich den Fehler finden werden.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
FrankU

April 7th, 2021, 11:27 pm

Hallo Oliver,

ich meinte nur den Timeout Bug, das mit den falschen Daten beim Start ist nicht so gravierend. Damit kann ich leben. Ich werde es mal mit dem Entfernen des Akkus probieren.

LG
Frank
Unfoolishly

June 14th, 2021, 7:38 pm

Hi all,

New firmware version of QStarz BL-1000ST is out: FWS0.01.04
Mine was at FWS0.00.94. Now updated to latest version.

I have no problems encoutered with the new update.

Take care.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Oliver

June 15th, 2021, 10:21 am

Nice, thanks for the update!
Oliver

December 28th, 2021, 2:34 pm

Alright, I hope we can bring this thread to a close:

We’ve done quite a bit of work on the Accessories - in general, and with Qstarz in particular. We’ve just released an app update that contains the new and improved firmware.
I actually found a major bug in the condition to reconnect to accessories when using Accessories without an active connection to the app - I have no idea how we missed that. (In the condition when to try to reestablish a connection, we were checking for a “false” instead of a “true”… it’s amazing it worked at all most of the time)

I double-checked, and did not find any flaws in the actual parsing of Qstarz data. But if for some reason the QStarz drops a packet, or we get an additional unexpected packet, this might have thrown off everything. So I added several additional safeguards to make our Qstarz protocol parsing failsafe.

Let me know your results when you’ve had a chance to do some testing!