N2 defekt und kein Support [solved: hardware defect - refunded]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Unfoolishly

July 21st, 2020, 2:48 pm

Hi UFH,

I need to get this of my chest: I do think your reaction is fairly harsh towards the Foolography team, but you must understand that they are a really small team that have accomplished a lot over a long timeperiod (2009-2020) in providing and desiging a few wonderful products many customers are really happy about. I do not see any happiness in your reactions so far. I do understand that it is really a bummer when you have received a non-working piece of hardware of which you were looking forward to receiving it and using it with joy. It is with sadness in my heart to see how you react in a very short amount of time and how little amount of patience is showing of in your communication towards the Foolography team. I see you are disappointed you received a non-working Unleashed, but to my knowledge that is an exceptional case, which normally would not occur. Many customers did receive their ordered Unleashed(s) or Entagged products with no problems. Too bad you are just that singled-out customer receiving a bad one, which slipped through the quality assurance checks during production and shipping. That CAN happen and is nothing to worry about. If you give the Foolography team some time to see what is happening so they can investigate further and deeper, they surely will provide you with a satisfactural solution (whether it be a money-back solution or a product replacement solution). To me it looks like you just want your money back, without giving the Foolography team the chance to actually figure out what went wrong in the production of this broken Unleashed. It REALLY shows in your way of communicating in this bullitin board how you treat others in regard to respect and affection, while you do demand from the Foolography team the opposite reaction: they must abide in respect and in total humiliation towards your demands, without you giving them the benefit of the doubt that they could not do anything about it and are really not happy with customers receiving broken hardware. I don't think anybody who designed and produced a product with all the energy and effort they put into it for years (!) wants to see customers complaining about a non-working product. Everybody on the team of Foolography wants 100% customer satisfaction, because that confirms that their hard work is paying off in the way they expected it it would go. If you want people to help you out in a respectful manner and get helped by others in the forum too, that try to help you in any way, maybe you should give the Foolography team more benefit of the doubt and more time to investigate what the real problem is. Nobody wants to see unhappy customers, not being satisfied by the product they worked so hard to design, program and produce over years of hard work. Then all that hard work was for nothing and a total waste of time, money and energy. And I do think the Foolography team is made up of people just like you and me: people that want to receive a working product straight out of the box (plug and play, not plug and pray!).

I think you should reconsider your way of communication and slightly have more patience, so you will get the solution they advertised in the first place: a nicely working Unleashed product that you will joyfully use the rest of your life as a photographer. Just relax a bit and wait until they figured out what went wrong with your (broken) Unleashed.

I also want to remind you of the pandemic crisis that we are in right now due to this corona virus, so that you must understand that people also become sick themselves, or have family members they need to take care of, and cannot have their mind fully set on only pleasing you. I know from my own experience that closeby relatives are now struggling for their lives due to the corona virus. If you are in such a situation, your worries of having received a (possible broken) Unleashed are volatile and of really less importance right now. People are stressed out because they see their loves ones perish in front of their eyes and can't do anything about it, and they need to stay safe not getting that corona virus themselves, while you complain about a small problem like a small piece of electronics not working properly after unboxing. Maybe you DO NEED TO see things in a better perspective and let it go and see what happens next.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Foolography or have any relatioship with any employee of Foolography, besides being a happy customer of the Unleashed product. And I am also not your dad or mum telling you what to do or how to behave. You have your own responsibility in the way you want to be treated as you also treat others. What goes around comes around. The way you treat others will one day knock on your door: exactly the same way you have treated others in the past. Just keep that in mind, when the knocking on your door begins and you wish to be treated the same way you did to others before...

My advise: just relax, everything will work out fine. I am positive it will end up pefectly. One happy customer of the Unleashed extra. We welcome you to the Unleashed family with our heart open. Enjoy your stay :)

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
UFH

July 21st, 2020, 3:52 pm

Dear Unfoolishly,

thank you for your advice. I will consider it despite the fact that conversation via Forum in most cases leads to discussing positions on and on. Maybe I was too harsh, not patient enough. But also maybe there should have been a slightly different reaction from the team. I now waited several weeks for the device, got it, not working, had to go public here to get an reaction and now invested nearly 10% of the price to send it back per safe packaging. That is in some way the result for me.
Oliver

July 21st, 2020, 4:07 pm

Puh.

Es tut mir wirklich leid, aber nein, Ihren Erwartungen beim Sofort-support können wir einfach nicht gerecht werden. Ich schaue normalerweise 2-3 mal am Tag explizit in die emails, und beantworte die wichtigsten/eiligsten - um überhaupt noch etwas anderes tun zu können.
Ins Forum schaue ich in in der Regel etwa einmal die Woche, weil hier oft wochenlang nichts los ist. Email-notifications habe ich auch im Einsatz, beim emails-durchgucken, weiss ich aber noch nicht wie eilig ein Forum-eintrag ist, clicke also nicht jedesmal drauf.

Nachdem ich gestern Nacht nach 11 noch schrieb, hatte ich nicht erwartet, dass wenn ich heute mittag wieder reinschaue sie schon wieder über unsere Geschwindigkeit enttäuscht sind.

Im Gegensatz zu den meisten Firmen, die bei einem Defekt erstmal erwarten, dass das defekte Gerät zur überprüfung eingeschickt wird, hätten Ihnen kostenlos ein neues Unleashed geschickt, und abgewartet ob dies bei Ihnen funktioniert, damit Sie im Zweifelsfalle gleiche beide zusammen zurückschicken können.

Ja, natürlich sind wir kein Amazon! Das wollen wir auch nicht, und tun auch nicht so. Amazon wirft zB alle Unleashed-Rücksendungen einfach in die Tonne, und stellt uns dies in Rechnung, egal ob die Rücksendung wirklich defekt war, oder der Kunde nur "Defekt" angegeben hat, um einen Kostenlosen Rücksendeschein zu bekommen, oder auch bei einigen der anderen Gründe. Der "Tolle" Kundenservice wird auf dem Rücken der Mitarbeiter und der Lieferanten ausgetragen, die im Gegensatz zu den Kunden kaum Service erhalten und für alles gleich Strafen bekommen. Zudem mussten wir als Lieferant alle Lager fast täglich einzeln beliefern, natürlich kostenfrei für Amazon, und 90% der Sendungen gingen ins Ausland: Polen, Tschechien, um dann wieder an Kunden in Deutschlang geliefert zu werden, aber die Deutschen Gesetze wie Mindestlohn und Arbeitsschutz umgehen zu können, sowie Steuervorteile nutzen zu können. Ganz zu schweigen von dem Buchhaltungs-horror den sie verursachen.
Sollte man sich also wirklich gut überlegen, ob man dies weiter unterstützen möchte.

Wir hätten Sie gerne mit unsererm tollen Produkt überzeugt, aber verstehe Sie wenn Sie diesem nicht doch noch eine Chance geben wollen.

Ich sage gar nicht wir hätten alles richtig gemacht, aber gerade nach der Erklärung gestern hätte ich heute ein wenig mehr Geduld von Ihnen erhofft. Da ich Ihnen versprechen kann, dass es in Zukunft definitiv NICHT schneller wird, nehme ich Ihren Widerruf gerne an, um Ihnen zukünftige Frustration zu ersparen.

Schicken Sie das Unleashed bitte an:

Foolography GmbH
Ladengeschäft EG
Liselotte-Herrmann-Str. 36
10407 Berlin

und schreiben sie "RMA 200702" auf den Umschlag/das Paket

Das Geld erstatten wir, wenn das Unleashed hier angekommen ist und gecheckt wurde - nur zur Warnung: das wird auch wieder ein paar Tage dauern.

Ich bin natürlich nicht der einzige der antwortet - zu mir kommen nur die Fälle die nach echten technischen Fehlern, oder gar gefundenen Bugs aussehen, damit ich - nicht als Chef, sondern als Erfinder/Entwickler das Produkt, und jedes technische Detail in und auswendig kenne - möglichst kompetente Antworten geben kann. So schnell wie bei Ihnen bin ich übrigens selten mit meinen Antworten - nicht nur aus Zeitgründen, sondern weil gerade die Technischen Probleme oft verlangen, dass ich mochmal im Code nachschaue was wirklich genau passiert, oder Rücksprache mit den anderen Entwicklern halten muss um details zu klären.

Das mit dem Autoresponder: Ausser Ihnen hat sich bisher vielleicht ein weiterer Kunde einen Wunsch dafür ausgedrückt, bei dem den wir auf Facebook haben, haben sich schon mehrere darüber beschwert! Wenn auf einen Autoresponder nicht auch zügig eine "echte" Antwort gekommen wäre, wären Sie doch sicher auch unzufrieden gewesen, oder nicht?

Anyway, Es tut mir wirklich leid, ich hoffe das Unleashed hätte sie dennoch überzeugen können, aber Ihre Service-erwartungen können wir einfach nicht einfüllen! Ich hoffe um Verständnis!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Oliver

July 21st, 2020, 4:12 pm

Oh, zwei neue kommentare während ich meins geschrieben und abgeschickt hab:

Wenn Sie's schon geschickt haben, kein Problem, es kommt auch bei der anderen Adresse an, und wir werden es schon zuordnen können, notfalls über die Seriennummer.
UFH

July 21st, 2020, 4:25 pm

Ich habe es schon geschickt an die Adresse die draufsteht. Das mit Amazon ist mir völlig klar und ich will das auch nicht - deshalb ja direkt bestellt. Ich will hier auch nicht nur den bösen Kunden spielen und mache den Vorstoß, konstruktiv was vorzuschlagen. Was um alles in der Welt soll so schlimm sein an einer automatisierten Antwort a la:

"Ihre Email v. ist bei uns eingegangen. Wir sind ein kleines Team, kümmern uns aber schnellstmöglich um Ihr Anliegen. Falls Sie Probleme beim Koppeln des Unleashed haben, versuchen Sie bitte zunächst Folgendes: ..."

Sowas ist übrigens auch bei anderen kleineren Firmen üblich, bei großen sowieso. Das führt auch zu einer gewissen Kundenerwartung. So wie Sie behaupten, dass das keiner will, behaupte ich, dass das die meisten erstmal beruhigt, weil man weiß, dass die Anfrage angekommen ist und man sich drum kümmert. Da fühlt man sich besser als wenn nichts kommt.

Übrigens hätten Sie ja gestern auch einfach mal konkret anbieten können, was Sie jetzt schreiben. Das wäre sicher ein Weg gewesen. Und zwar einer, der leicht auch für eine kleine Firma machbar wäre. Im Nachhinein hätte ich sicher Dinge anders handhaben können. Tut mir leid, wenn ich Ihnen unnötig Aufwand bereitet habe. Gleichwohl bitte ich höflich zu erwägen, Support nicht einfach mit "können wir nicht leisten" abzuhaken. Das gehört zum Gesamtpaket. Und zwar richtigerweise so, dass der Kunde sich nicht als Störenfried fühlt. Der hat nämlich ein Anliegen. Das verstehen auch die Großen noch nicht immer siehe Tesla. Tolles Produkt, toller Bestellvorgang - aber wehe es ist was.

Vielleicht denken wir beide mal drüber nach, was da hätte anders laufen können.
FrankU

July 22nd, 2020, 12:17 pm

Hallo,

möchte meinen Senf auch mal dazu geben. Habe auch einen N2 an der D850. Ja, ich hatte am Anfang auch meine Schwierigkeiten, die wurden alle, bis auf eines, gelöst. Man muss wirklich etwas Geduld aufbringen, aber das kann nicht jeder.

Es gibt im deutschen Sprachraum ein Sprichwort: "Wie man in den Wald hineinruft so schallt es heraus".

Das noch nicht gelöste Problem ist aber auch kein Weltuntergang und wird sicher irgendwann gelöst.

LG
Frank
Unfoolishly

July 22nd, 2020, 3:58 pm

FrankU wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 12:17 pm
Es gibt im deutschen Sprachraum ein Sprichwort: "Wie man in den Wald hineinruft so schallt es heraus".
Amen.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Oliver

July 29th, 2020, 12:13 pm

Kleines update:
Das Unleashed war tatsächlich komplett defekt - beim letzten Produktionsschritt, dem Ultraschallverschweissen, wurde der eine chip beschädigt. Das passiert äusserst selten, und da alle Funktionstests genau in dem Schritt davor passieren, konnte sich dieses N2 doch durchmogeln.

Es tut mir leid, dass es so unglücklich gelaufen ist, vielleicht - wir haben den Kaufpreis inkl. ursprünglicher Versandkosten zurückerstattet. Ihre Unzufriedenheit mit unserem Support teile ich zwar nicht, aber kann sie verstehen, es tut mir aber leid, dass unser tolles Unleashed keine Chance hatte, Sie zu begeistern, weil Sie zufällig ein defektes erhalten haben.
Vielleicht geben Sie ihm ja irgendwann nochmal eine neue Chance!

Gruss aus Berlin
Unfoolishly

July 29th, 2020, 4:05 pm

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the update what really happened with the Unleashed. This is of course not the fault of the customer, nor is it the fault of Foolography. These things just happen, and mostly not that often!
The problem is that the customer now does not know what he/she is missing in his/her photography-life. The new Unleashed is really a wonderful product and should be given a fair chance to judge it accordingly in full operation. Then any customer will say: I wish I had known this before how wonderful this tiny device is actually big in surprising customers with all its features.

I hope some previously wrongfully dissatisfied customers give the Unleashed a real chance to prove itself. It's worth the money. Absolutely.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
UFH

August 4th, 2020, 5:34 pm

Um es aus meiner Sicht auch mal abschließend mitzuteilen: Bei mir ist bisher kein Geld angekommen. Könnte das jemand klären?