Cannot get the photo review working.

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Unfoolishly

August 7th, 2020, 12:18 am

Oliver wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 11:49 pm
#3) How about if you switch SD cards: would you like us to delete all the images in the app then? I don't think so...
That's a good one! Never crossed my mind that memory cards could contain the same filenames, but different photo's when switching.
#4) The Virtual Unleashed is not fully functional, and it's meant as a way to play around with the UI of the app before you own the Unleashed. After pairing the first Unleashed, the Virtual Unleashed is disabled automatically. If you disable all paired Unleasheds in the "YOUR UNLEASHEDS" screen, then that automatically enables the Virtual Unleashed.
I am quite sure I did not disable any Unleashed, but I did leave the App and turned back to it later on, while GPS was running in the background. Something weird happened. And I didn't notice I was in the Virtual Unleashed. I didn't take any photo, otherwise I would have noticed :-)

It sure would be VERY helpful that the users can see their own "trail" in the App, so they can follow that trail and reproduce the bug/error. Now I had to think: how did I use the App just a few moments ago... I could not recall it.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Oliver

August 7th, 2020, 11:20 am

Unfoolishly wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 12:18 am
Oliver wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 11:49 pm
#3) How about if you switch SD cards: would you like us to delete all the images in the app then? I don't think so...
That's a good one! Never crossed my mind that memory cards could contain the same filenames, but different photo's when switching.
That's a possibility too, but I meant: we wouldn't be able to tell the difference between
  • a file is no longer on the sd card: -> delete the thumbnail in the app: I specifically deleted that file. or
  • all files are no longer on the sd card -> don't delete them in the app, I just switched sd cards ;-)
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
DocK

August 7th, 2020, 3:22 pm

Well guys - either I don´t get it or it is still a bug.
Did everything you described several times - no preview. Like in the tutorial - no preview.

Don´t understand what you mean with the SD Cards.

Doc
Unfoolishly

August 7th, 2020, 5:29 pm

DocK wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 3:22 pm
Well guys - either I don´t get it or it is still a bug.
Did everything you described several times - no preview. Like in the tutorial - no preview.

Don´t understand what you mean with the SD Cards.

Doc
Don't mind the SD cards comment :-)

It's a bug, I am sure about that. I had it too on one smartphone, exactly as you experienced it.
Problem is: how to reproduce the bug, so the developers of Foolography can reproduce that same scenario too.

Please turn on logging in the App and stop/start the App again. Then try to reproduce the same scenario that produces that bug. Share the logfile by attaching it to a new reply in this post. Make sure the bug occured, otherwise it's useless to attach the logfile.

After that you have to wait for an official response from Foolography if they found a bug or that it is just us ;-)

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
DocK

August 8th, 2020, 12:42 pm

... how would i turn logging on in the app ?
Unfoolishly

August 8th, 2020, 12:57 pm

DocK wrote:
August 8th, 2020, 12:42 pm
... how would i turn logging on in the app ?
That's an easy one:
Open App
Press Menu icon (left corner at the bottom of the main screen)
Press Info icon (right corner at the bottom of the menu screen)
Press App settings
Press Enable logging setting

Restart the App and when you're done reproducing the bug, you press share log file in the same App settings menu.
You can then forward the logfile to your own email address and attach it here in a forum post, or directly email it to the Foolography address.

I think it would be wise to attach it to this forum post thread, so everything stays grouped together.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
DocK

August 8th, 2020, 1:17 pm

...well not so easy in my app.

I was looking around before I posted.
What I have under INFO is:

About
Data Privacy
Terms and Conditons

nothing else !!

greets
Doc
Unfoolishly

August 8th, 2020, 1:32 pm

DocK wrote:
August 8th, 2020, 1:17 pm
...well not so easy in my app.

I was looking around before I posted.
What I have under INFO is:

About
Data Privacy
Terms and Conditons

nothing else !!
That is strange. In my Android App the logging is available. Maybe it is not available in the iOS App??? I don't know.
I have no answer to this question. You'll have to wait for the Foolography admins to answer that one.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Oliver

August 8th, 2020, 1:52 pm

Logging is currently only available in the Android app, since there were so many issues that we simply could not reproduce.
on iOS, if there was ever an issue, we could almost always reproduce it.

is your firmware up to date? Is Geotagging turned on? If yes, does the same thing happen with Geotagging turned off? What speed is your SD Card?

you're welcome to send us a simple screen recording.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Unfoolishly

August 8th, 2020, 1:58 pm

Hi DocK,

This is what I see in the Android App when turning on logging:
logging1.jpg
logging2.jpg

Edit: Oliver answered before I posted :)

Greetings,
Unfoolishly