Z6 Menu names do not match [solved]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
wdaehn

December 2nd, 2018, 7:03 am

In the Video screen the app says "Change g4 to Record Movies". The setting g4 is a different one in the Z6.
In the Photo screen, when the DISP switch is set to Video, the app says "CSM g4 is set to Record Movies". That text is wrong and does not make sense in case of the Z6. Should be rather something like "Flip DISP to Photo"
Samsung Galaxy S8 latest update
Nikon Z6.
Andy

December 3rd, 2018, 10:35 am

We already rewrote those error messages. They were a bit obscure in my opinion anyway :)
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Oliver

December 3rd, 2018, 12:19 pm

I just checked the manual of the Z6/7 and the g4 setting we mean is actually g2 on the Z6:
Custom Settings Menu -> g2: Custom Control Assignment -> Shutter-release button -> "Record Movies"

The Live View selector (the switch around the disp button) also needs to be switched to Movie mode, but we have a second error for that, if that's not already in the correct position.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Andy

December 3rd, 2018, 12:45 pm

No, there's only a single error message for this, and the error is correct, at least on the D7100 I have here. Even if the live view selector is set to Movie, as long as the shutter-release button is set to Take photos, the camera will still take a photo. When the shutter button is set to Record movies and the live view selector is also on Movie, then you can't take pictures. The only thing you have to do then is to change the function back to Take photos.
Andy
Andy

December 3rd, 2018, 12:45 pm

But yeah, the g4 stuff is confusing.
Andy
Andy

December 3rd, 2018, 12:48 pm

Although I guess you can also change the live view selector to photo. Maybe we do need to rewrite or split that error.
Andy