Issues with camera an camera modes

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Rolf

August 29th, 2020, 9:58 am

Equipment: Nikon Z7 with Unleashed N2, actual firmware.
The good news: works as desired.
The bad news:
* Changing battery with 'Unleashed' mounted gets the camera in a stuck state. Switching Camera off and on and/or pushing release button gets it fixed.
* Camera does not go in sleep mode when device is mounted. It does not make any difference if application is running in foreground or background or shut down.

Regards, Rolf
Oliver

August 29th, 2020, 9:34 pm

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for the report.
I'm glad everything works as expected ;-)

But yes, we've noticed some issue with changing batteries, without turning camera on and off afterwards. We think we've fixed it in our current firmware development, but it will still take some time until we can publish this firmware.
I am wondering though, what exactly you mean with "getting the camera in a stuck state"? You're very welcome to just send us a video to support@foolography.com if you'd rather do that than try to explain.

Hmm, the second report is new to us. The Unleashed should allow the camera to go to standby when the Unleashed goes to idle after 2 minutes while the application is running. with the application in the background, the Unleashed should go to idle immediately, and let the camera go to standby in its usual time (I believe 30s is the standard on the Z series). Can you double check and also let me know what the LED on the Unleashed is showing? A slow pulse means it's in idle, permanently on means it's active. triple blink means it's running a timelapse.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Rolf

September 2nd, 2020, 8:43 am

Hello,

1st some clarifications.
All tests done with Nikon Z7 and Nikon S 24-70.
I switch always the camera off before changing battery.

Stuck state means the camera does not respond. Switching off, removing the device and the battery, waiting 10 seconds and reinserting the battery everything is ok. But this happens only with batteries named EN-EL15. The later ones named EN-EL15b does not show this issue. I can live with that.

When I change the battery the app does not connect to the device. After reconnecting the device the app connects to the device.

When the app is connected to the device and running in foreground the camera does not go to sleep mode (maybe this is correct)
Running in background the same, closing the application does sometimes work.

I'm living in Berlin so it is not a problem for me to visit you..

Regards, Rolf.