Autoramp: Nikon D600, N2 and manual aperature lenses

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
sandro5150

September 2nd, 2020, 1:03 pm

Hello,

I'm experiencing an issue with the Unleased N2 with the Nikon D600 in autoramp mode. For timelapse shooting I use several lenses with a manual aperture control (=manual aperture ring on the lens), where the camera cannot set the lens aperture. This seems to prevent the Unleashed to make any adjustments to shutter speed and ISO in the autoramp mode. The Unleashed correctly detects that only one aperture setting is available in the Day / Night options, where e.g. only f5.6 is shown as an aperture number and is greyed out.
During shooting, even using the highest value of the adjust setting does not change shutter speed or ISO to anything else than the initial value.

Using lenses with an aperture that can be controlled from the camera, the autoramp works and also reacts to the adjust setting.

FW seems to be up to date (A 1.4.5, B 1.4.9, C 1.4.0) and I tested with two Android (App version 1.3.10) and an Apple device. Both the 24h and the LRT+ algorithm show this behavior.

Can you help me with this?
Thank you!
Andy

September 2nd, 2020, 1:47 pm

Hi Sandro,

Unfortunately there is a bug in the current firmware that causes this behavior when autoramping.

The good news is that we have already fixed it in our internal builds. The bad news is that we don't have a release date for the next firmware version yet.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for reporting the issue!
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
sandro5150

September 2nd, 2020, 7:44 pm

Hi Andy,

thank you for your prompt reply. Sounds very good that this is already known and fixed for the future.
I'll be looking forward to the next firmware release.

Thanks again,
Sandro