Focus Mode selection Nikon Z6 doesn't work.

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Billgriz57

September 26th, 2020, 3:51 am

Just purchased the N2 (A 1.4.5, B 1.4.9, C 1.4.0) for my Nikon Z6 (FW 3.0). The app (1.3.10) appears that it should be able to change the focus mode (manual, Single, Continuous) but it does not work. If I change the mode on the camera, the app does update the display to the selected mode. When I try to select the mode on the app, the different possible modes appear in the selector, but nothing happens. I get a warning symbol in the upper right corner and if I tap it is says "Access denied for unknown reason."
I've reviewed camera settings to see if anything might be restricting it but didn't find anything.
Thanks,
Bill G.
Andy

September 28th, 2020, 9:56 am

Hi Bill,

sorry for the trouble, I will take a look into it.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Oliver

October 21st, 2020, 11:28 am

Hi Bill,
sorry for the late reply:
Unfortunately, this is a limitation from Nikon: Their USB interface tells us that the Focus mode can be changed via USB, where in fact it's a read-only setting. We'll have a look whether we'll just manually changed to to be read only, even if Nikon tells us it's writeable. This won't help you in that you still won't be able to change it from the app, but at least you'll now know you can't. We'll do so in a future update, but it's not a high priority, so please don't expect it immediately.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.