Unleashed dosen´t pair [solved: hardware defect]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
guete

October 9th, 2020, 10:57 am

Hello,

3 days ago I received my unleashed C1 for my canon 5d MK4 but unfortunately I can´t pair it with the app. I had written 2 emails and still haven´t received answer from the company so I decided to write here.

I´m using an Iphone 11 pro and the app dosen´t find any device to pair with, there is no yellow light in the device so I think it is not working properly.

Hope someone from Foolography can help me

Regards

Oscar.
Unfoolishly

October 9th, 2020, 1:05 pm

Hi Oscar,

I am not from Foolography, but maybe I can help you?

What does the LEDs (light) tell you? Which color does it have and is it blinking in a sequence? Does it have several colors or just one color? That is important to know.
Did you turn on Bluetooth? No flight mode on?

Could you be more specific of your specifications of your phone (hardware & operating system version) , camera (type & firmware version) and firmware of the Unleashed (if possible to connect with the App of course)? What Unleashed App version do you have installed on your phone?

Did you follow the pairing instructions as mentioned in the video? See here.
You must have the Canon camera powered ON, otherwise the Unleashed C1 doesn't get power from the camera battery. For Nikon cameras this is not needed, because Nikon cameras give power to the Unleashed N1 and N2 also when the camera is turned OFF.

Hope this helps.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
guete

October 9th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Hi Unfoolishy,

Thanks for your answer, I try to get you all the information.

When I switch the device to the camera there is no led light blinking in any color, so there is no color to ask this question, thats why I think the device is not working.
The bluetooth is on and no flight mode is enable.
The specifications of my phone are: iphone 11 pro with IOS version 13.7 running.
The app version is 13.6 (1006)
Camera tipe is Canon 5d MK4
The unleashed firmware is imposible to know because I can´t pair it.

Yes I have followed the pairing instructions instructions as in the video, and the cheklist in the app and no blinking led appears.
I have the camera power in on mode and the device don´t show any led light.

Hope this is useful.

What I can´t understand is why I wrote to the company three days ago and still haven´t received answer from they.

Thanks again

Oscar.
Unfoolishly

October 9th, 2020, 2:40 pm

Hi Oscar,

To me, this seems like a defective Unleashed (bad production batch?). This can happen, but shouldn't happen of course.

About the response time of Foolography themselves: I have no idea why it takes them so long to respond. Three days is actually a 'long' response time.
But most problems can be addressed in the forum, to help other Unleashed users figure out what is happening.

In your case, I think the Unleashed hardware is for some reason defective (DOA = Defective-on-Arrival), meaning: you need a new one that does work!

You have two options:
1) Ask for a new one that works (and send them your defective Unleashed back so they can investigate the real cause)
2) Ask for a refund (but I wouldn't recommend this, because you miss out on a lot of fun with the Unleashed; you will need to send the defective Unleashed back also)

Option 1 is the best option. But you are the customer, so I can't make that decision for you.

No LEDs blinking at all when the Canon camera is ON = defective.

Hope this helps. Just email them again and point to this forum post in the email. And just wait for them to respond. It's a really small company in Berlin, so don't expect full customer service in a 24/7 response time.

Let us know in this forum how it is resolved by Foolography for you.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
guete

October 9th, 2020, 3:06 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, I just send a new email to the company and hope they say something soon.

Yes is the device is not working I prefer replace it for a new one, but first I need assistant.

Thanks again

Oscar.
Andy

October 12th, 2020, 10:01 am

Hi Oscar, I will forward your case to support to check why you haven't received a reply yet.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
guete

October 29th, 2020, 1:26 pm

Hi,

Today I received a new unleashed and for the moment it connects and works correctly, now I just need to go out and test it.
Thanks for the support

Oscar.
Oliver

October 29th, 2020, 3:44 pm

I'm glad to hear it!
Sorry it took so long. Enjoy your Unleashed!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.