Unleashed App doesn't cancel the "shutterbutton pressed" action when photo cannot be taken by the camera

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Unfoolishly

October 14th, 2020, 12:51 pm

Oliver wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 11:28 am
The Firmware is designed to release the trigger if it doesn't manage to trigger after 1 or 2 seconds, and the app should simply mirror what the firmware tells it, but who knows what edge-case you managed to find. As always, if you do manage to reproduce it, a log-file from your android app would be very helpful!
Hi Oliver,

Maybe you can also reproduce it with the same situation as I had: just forget to put off the lens-cap and press the shutterbutton from the App a few times. Maybe that will do the trick to reprocude it. Also try to use the camera in a situation in which it deliberately cannot focus, so that the camera keeps on trying after a few taps on the shutterbutton in the App. Then you will see that the shutterbutton in the App "hangs" and doesn't return to "unpressed" state anymore. In some cases the shutterbutton in the App keeps in "pressed" state, never to recover from that state again, unless I restart the App. So, somehow the Unleashed App and Unleashed hardware get "out of sync": while the App thinks the Unleashed is still trying, the Unleashed itself is already gone on vacation :-)

Hope this helps.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Oliver

October 19th, 2020, 3:40 pm

We'll try run a test in our next bigger testing session with the oldest camera and slowest lens we have ;-)
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.