C2: resets my HDR settings

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
msperl

December 30th, 2018, 9:34 am

Hi!

I never had my Canon 5D-M3 reset its default HDR settings to no-HDR on its own - it always stayed in HDR mode.

Now with the C2 connected I have seen at least 3 resets to no-hdr mode (probably after a power down/up or possibly Camera sleep after some time of inactivity).

Since then I have disconnected the C2 from the Camera and now the Camera stays in HDR mode without any such changes.

Any Ideas?

Martin
Oliver

January 2nd, 2019, 9:09 pm

Hi Martin,

thanks for the report!
This is new to us, and to be honest, we never tested this case. We'll look into it and hopefully find a solution!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
msperl

March 9th, 2019, 5:08 pm

Aust an update: I have just updated the firmware today and the issue of the reset of the hdr settings has happened to me twice since the update!
Use case: take some photos with the camera with hdr enabled, then let it rest for some time without turning it off (not sure how long - camera was hanging on a strap during a hike) then pick up the camera again and it shoots without hdr set...
Oliver

March 19th, 2019, 11:28 pm

Thanks for the update.
We'll try to reproduce it!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
QASensei

October 5th, 2022, 4:18 am

To find the interval for the disabled HDR setting, try looking at the Meta Data timestamp of the images to at least get a boundary of when it happened (time between the last image with HDR enabled and the first images with it Disabled).