Canon EOS RP - Aperutre is N/A

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
blakebowen69

December 6th, 2020, 6:24 am

I am using the C1 version of the Unleashed on the EOS RP with an HDMI adapter and USB-C adapter. I can trigger the camera, review photos, and change almost all settings except Aperture. It is listed as N/A. If i click on the field, I can change the aperture but as soon as I click out of that field, it goes back to N/A.

I also have yet to get a successful auto ramp. The Unleashed will not change the camera settings.

One more thing, I'm not sure if it matters but the connection indicator light in the top corner of the app is never green. Its a cyan/blue.
Andy

December 7th, 2020, 11:25 am

Hi, what's the error message that appears when you press on the aperture setting? I believe autoramp fails because the Unleashed thinks it can't change the aperture, and there is a bug in firmware that causes ramps to not execute. It happens mostly with manual lenses though.

The autoramp bug is already fixed and the new firmware will be released hopefully by the end of the month.

About the aperture thing, is the setting white or grayed out? It sounds like it's white but the value shown is N/A?
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Oliver

December 7th, 2020, 11:41 am

Hey,

sorry for the trouble.
If it's not the autoramp bug Andy mentioned, it's very likely that your autormap issues come from the Aperture issue. If the Unleashed can't handle your Aperture data properly, then Autoramping is likely to have issues too.

could you send us a screen recording of what you're seeing? We've never had this before! You're welcome to send it to support@foolography.com if you prefer.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Oliver

December 7th, 2020, 12:26 pm

Also, can you tell us if you have Android or iOS, and what your Unleashed firmware is at?
We have a small fix that we haven't released on iOS yet, as we thought it only applies to the 760D, but there's a chance it also applies to the Rp. If you have the chance to update your Unleashed's firmware with an Android device, that might already do the trick.
blakebowen69

December 8th, 2020, 5:10 am

Hi! Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm on iOS on Unleashed firmware:
A 1.4.4
B 1.4.9
C 1.4.0

The setting is white and I can change the aperture of the camera, its just listed as N/A.

I've sent a video to the support email.
Oliver

December 8th, 2020, 11:52 am

Hi

thanks for the video. I have an idea where the issue might come from.
We did a fix that we thought was only for the 760D in Firmware version A1.4.5, and with what I see, I could imagine that your issue is either the same one we already fixed, or it's at least related.
If you have the chance to borrow a friend's Android device just to do the firmware update, you could already try that (after updating the firmware, w. Otherwise I'm asking our iOS developers if we can squeeze in a minor release some time soon with just updated firmware versions, and you can test it when that comes out.
blakebowen69

December 8th, 2020, 10:57 pm

Thank you so much! I'll see if I can get my hands on an Android device, if not, I'll wait for the iOS release.

Thanks again!
Oliver

December 23rd, 2020, 11:01 pm

Hi again,

the latest iOS app was finally approved on the Appstore - with a firmware update. Could you try update the app, then update the firmware on your Unleashed, to see if that helps?