N2 with Nikon Z 6 II and Photo review

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
PaulBlais

December 28th, 2020, 8:45 pm

Using a Nikon Z 6 II with the N2. has an issue. Connected up just fine and can control the settings but can not get Image Review to work. The USB cable is installed but going to the Image Review panel nothing can be selected. My iPhone 7 grabs the N2 very quickly and I can operate all the settings within the limits of the Modes set on the camera. I capture an image and it appears on the rear of the camera but I can't get it from the app. The app was formerly connected to an N1 on a Nikon D500. I was able to remove the connection as I intend the sell the camera (Free N1 included). It worked quite well the times I did use and so I want an N2 for the new camera. The rear screen on the Z 6 II is better than Image review could ever be. on my iPhone 7. As a request I would prefer a Histogram and forget about the image review.
Oliver

December 29th, 2020, 12:56 am

Hi Paul,

You did make sure to turn on image review, right?
- on the photo screen, tap on the thumbnail icon in the bottom right, then select "on" in the grey box, above the "clear all photos" button. Take another shot after that, and make sure the Unleashed doesn't go to idle before the image starts transferring (you can keep it from going to idle by tapping anywhere on the smartphone screen)

I hope it's as simple as that, but let me know if that doesn't do the trick.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
pbrmac

December 29th, 2020, 9:29 pm

Oliver wrote:
December 29th, 2020, 12:56 am
Hi Paul,

You did make sure to turn on image review, right?
- on the photo screen, tap on the thumbnail icon in the bottom right, then select "on" in the grey box, above the "clear all photos" button. Take another shot after that, and make sure the Unleashed doesn't go to idle before the image starts transferring (you can keep it from going to idle by tapping anywhere on the smartphone screen)

I hope it's as simple as that, but let me know if that doesn't do the trick.
I am having the same issue using my iPhone X and my Nikon Z6. Pressing the faint white Photo Review on the iPhone app does not reveal a toggle to turn on Photo Review.
pbrmac

December 29th, 2020, 9:30 pm

I am having the same issue using my iPhone X and my Nikon Z6. Pressing the faint white Photo Review on the iPhone app does not reveal a toggle to turn on Photo Review.
Andy

December 30th, 2020, 10:58 am

Can you post a screenshot of the app to see what happens when you tap on the photo review button?
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Oliver

December 31st, 2020, 12:02 pm

Hey - I'm sorry to say that you could be affected by this:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=917

Have a great start into the new year!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.