Minimum 2 Second Interval?

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Adv47

January 4th, 2021, 12:50 am

When trying to use the unleashed with my Nikon Z6 for a timelapse, I'm not able to set a 1 second interval. The minimum it allows me is 2 seconds no matter what I set my shutter speed to... this is a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?
Andy

January 4th, 2021, 9:12 am

I believe that's true only for autoramped timelapses (holy grail timelapses). That's because the Unleashed needs some processing time to calculate the next set of setting values, I believe this is already explained in an error message in the app. 1-second intervals should be possible in the normal timelapse mode.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Andy

January 4th, 2021, 9:14 am

We are also working on lifting or at least improving this constraint to allow for shorter intervals in a future firmware update.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
mcastles

February 9th, 2021, 1:04 am

Andy wrote:
I believe that's true only for autoramped timelapses (holy grail timelapses). That's because the Unleashed needs some processing time to calculate the next set of setting values, I believe this is already explained in an error message in the app. 1-second intervals should be possible in the normal timelapse mode.
Maybe I have missed it, but with normal timelapse not able to use interval less than 2 seconds. With any shutter speed minimum interval is 2 sec or there is an error with Nikon Z6.
Oliver

February 15th, 2021, 10:54 am

This could be a rounding error in the Apps. the requirement is that Interval is greater or equal to shutterspeed+1s. The most likely issue is that shutterspeed, which is never 0, always gets rounded up to the nearest second, (which would be 1), then the minimum pause is added, to become 2s.

I'll ask our app developers to check this, but as Andy mentioned, the limitation will be lifted in the next release anyway.
Are you using Android or iOS? the rounding might have been implemented differently between the two, without us noticing.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
mcastles

February 20th, 2021, 3:01 pm

Oliver wrote:
This could be a rounding error in the Apps. the requirement is that Interval is greater or equal to shutterspeed+1s. The most likely issue is that shutterspeed, which is never 0, always gets rounded up to the nearest second, (which would be 1), then the minimum pause is added, to become 2s.

I'll ask our app developers to check this, but as Andy mentioned, the limitation will be lifted in the next release anyway.
Are you using Android or iOS? the rounding might have been implemented differently between the two, without us noticing.
That makes sense, I am using IOS.
Adv47

February 20th, 2021, 3:24 pm

Andy wrote:
Unfortunately this is not correct. Using the Nikon Z6 or Nikon Z7 II (the two cameras I have), in timelapse mode, the minimum interval allowed is still 2 seconds. I'm also using the IOS app.

Do you have an ETA on when a firmware update might fix this problem?
Adv47

February 20th, 2021, 3:26 pm

Oliver wrote:

I am using IOS with a Nikon Z6 and Nikon Z7 II. To which release are you referring and when will that be available? Thank you!
Oliver

February 21st, 2021, 11:12 pm

Since you're on iOS, you're very welcome to join the beta: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=928

We can't yet promise a release date for the final version of this firmware, as we're still beta-testing. Also, our Android app still needs to do some catching up with iOS before we can do a public release.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Unfoolishly

February 21st, 2021, 11:46 pm

Oliver wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 11:12 pm
Also, our Android app still needs to do some catching up with iOS before we can do a public release.
Hi Oliver,

Any chance that the Android users can have an intermediate firmware update before a new App version is released with all the new features already contained in the iOS App?
I am eagerly waiting for a firmware update and App update that has the "suddenly trigger the camera's out of the blue"-bug, as mentioned a very long time ago on this forum (ask Andy if you can't recall that bug-report). The randomly triggering bug is somewhat annoying in the current firmware/App. Especially when taking pictures in a home setting (like with birthdays, family dinners, etc).

I know you can't give an ETA of the new App release, but could you please consider a stripped-down firmware update, so that those bugs are resolved. Then you can release a new App update with all new features later on. My concerns are to get those bugs out of the system, which do trouble me in normal operation mode.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!