Photo review download issues (keeps hanging on 98-99%)

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Unfoolishly

January 6th, 2021, 12:18 pm

Hi Oliver and Andy,

I have some problems with the Photo review feature, which keeps hanging on 98 or 99% when downloading the thumbnail image to the Android App.

Anyone else having this problem?

Unleashed firmware:
Type: N2
A: 1.4.5
B: 1.4.9
C: 1.4.0

Android phone:
Type: Moto G5S Plus
OS-version: Android 8.1.0

Unleashed App:
Version: 1.3.10

See attachments.
Screenshot_20201226-182909.png
Screenshot_20201226-184419.png
I already cleared the BT cache, turned on/off flightmode, turned on/off/on BT. App keeps hanging on 99% when downloading a thumbnail.

Is this problem already fixed in the upcoming firmware?

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Andy

January 7th, 2021, 9:18 am

I am not aware of any issues in firmware related to thumbnails. Do you have another device you can test with? Then we could at least isolate the phone as the culprit.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Oliver

January 7th, 2021, 10:46 am

We've only ever had this issue with Android customers, and it was always resolved with airplane mode, clearing BT cache, clearing app cache, deleting & reinstalling the app, or restarting the phone.
We searched for a long time for a possible cause, and could not find anything in our app - and since it was always resolved with one of the above, it must have been an issue related to the Android Bluetooth Stack again...
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Unfoolishly

January 7th, 2021, 12:03 pm

Oliver wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 10:46 am
We've only ever had this issue with Android customers, and it was always resolved with airplane mode, clearing BT cache, clearing app cache, deleting & reinstalling the app, or restarting the phone.
We searched for a long time for a possible cause, and could not find anything in our app - and since it was always resolved with one of the above, it must have been an issue related to the Android Bluetooth Stack again...
Hi Andy and Oliver,
I haven't done these steps yet:
- install on another phone
- deleting & reinstalling the App

Will try these steps and see if it resolved.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Oliver

January 7th, 2021, 12:23 pm

Thanks!
Unfoolishly

January 8th, 2021, 6:35 pm

Hi Andy and Oliver,

Photo review seems to be working again.
I am not sure what actually did get it back to work, but I did unplug the Unleasheds both from the camera. I did not delete and re-install the App.
Could it be that something (a setting or memory glitch) in the Unleashed was stored which prevented it from sending the thumbnail to 100%? I only pulled out the Unleasheds, battery of the camera and turned on/off Bluetooth on the smartphone.

A strange case. Probably Android again :(

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Oliver

January 8th, 2021, 8:56 pm

From our experience: turning off and on Bluetooth was probably the thing that fixed it for you - and yes, the Android Bluetooth Stack again...
Anyway, I'm glad it works now!
Unfoolishly

January 8th, 2021, 11:18 pm

Oliver wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 8:56 pm
From our experience: turning off and on Bluetooth was probably the thing that fixed it for you - and yes, the Android Bluetooth Stack again...
Anyway, I'm glad it works now!
Hi Oliver,

Do you keep track of the customers Android devices and Android OS version, which report this problem? Could it be that Motorola phones do have this problem more than Samsung phones, or other manufactors phones? Would be interesting to know if it isn't the firmware of that specific phone or indeed the Android system... Maybe something isn't implemented correctly in the firmware of the SoC of Exynos, Qualcomm, MediaTek, etc which Android addresses from the OS??? By resetting the BT connection, the buffers of the firmware that implement the BT LE stack get flushed, but it may seem like it is Android itself, but could be the underlying specific firmware.
Which Android device users report this problem the most, and which less? Could be interesting to track...

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Oliver

January 10th, 2021, 10:05 pm

We tried to find a pattern with these issues, but found no correlations at all. At first, it seemed that Sony Xperias have some extra issues, but then again, we haven't heard from any Sony users with issues in a very long time.
As far as we could tell, the info that we did find out was mostly just a representation of market share. (ie quite a few Samsungs, then Huawei who specifically target Photographers)