Long Exposure issue

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Joetagg1961

March 27th, 2021, 7:36 pm

I have the Unleashed N2 for my Nikon D750 but it doesn't seem to work correctly. I set camera to manual, shutter speed to bulb. I set the shutter speed on my Unleashed to 51 seconds but when i press the shutter button on the Unleashed, it still acts like it's on bulb. The shutter only stays open for as long as I hold the button down. Am I setting it up wrong, or is my Unleashed malfunctioning??
Oliver

March 29th, 2021, 12:39 am

It should be very simple, and from what you describe, you're doing everything right. You can send us a screenshot of the photo screen to be sure.

does the ring around the shutter button in the app turn yellow when the camera triggers?
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
feffe

April 7th, 2021, 4:39 pm

Hi

I think the problem is that if you have to be very quick with the touch on activation, if your finger lingers on the button the app interprets that as another click, which then deactivates the exposure. When being out, having cold fingers or touch enabled merino gloves it is really hard to make it work. I suggest that the deactivation should be a double command to both make the feature easier to use with gloves or cold fingers but also to prevent unintentionally deactivation. It could be that the button becomes disabled after starting the exposure and that you have to use a slider to enable it again.

Filmed it, but can't upload due to file size.
Andy

April 7th, 2021, 5:38 pm

Ah yes, I am familiar with that issue, and if I recall correctly it was a bug in the iOS app. I don't know if the Android app has the same problem. If you are on iOS you can try out the public beta where this and many other issues are fixed and many things have been improved.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Oliver

April 7th, 2021, 10:37 pm

Ah, OK.

Yeah, if you're on iOS, you can send me your AppStore email address to beta@foolography.com and I'll send you an invitation. You can also send me the video via WeShare or so.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.