Nikon Z6 ii Terminal cover

Let's help each other to become better photographers and videographers. Tips and tricks for better photos, videos, timelapse etc. are welcome.
kevinz

October 22nd, 2023, 9:30 pm

Just wondered if anyone has an idea on what to do with the terminal cover while the Unleashed unit is plugged in. I would like to remove it but not sure if it will break and I will not be able to get it back in place.
Oliver

October 24th, 2023, 12:07 am

It's possible to remove the Cover without damaging it, by just pulling and wiggling the cover. But it's a lot more difficult getting it back into the camera without damaging it ;-)
As you pull on the little tab, it stretches a little and gets thinner, so at some point, you can just pull it out. But as you try to push it back in, it compresses and becomes a little wider. also, the narrow part of it is very flexible, so it's difficult to put any force into the push. So you have to use needles or something to help push it in, and anything small enough to also fit through the hole in the camera is thin enough to damage the wider part of the rubber flap that it's supposed to help push in...
Of course you can cut some of the rubber off to make the wider part narrower, and make it easier to insert again.

This is what the flap looks like when you pull it out:
IMG_7676.jpg
IMG_7676.jpg (240.92 KiB) Viewed 1686 times
Of course there's a risk of ripping off the part that goes into the camera, so please proceed at your own risk.

PS. I moved the topic to the Tips & Tricks forum - it fits better
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
NataliLip

April 27th, 2024, 7:47 am

Представляем вам удивительный мир Cross Finance с токеном XFI. С 1 ноября 2023 года наш официальный сайт открыт для вас. Здесь вы найдете не только информацию о нашей компании и продуктах, но и вдохновение, возможности и бесконечные ресурсы для развития в нашей уникальной экосистеме. Погрузитесь в мир Cross Finance и наслаждайтесь всеми возможностями прямо сейчас!

crossfi