Interval Ramping

Let's help each other to become better photographers and videographers. Tips and tricks for better photos, videos, timelapse etc. are welcome.
recski

November 27th, 2023, 2:34 am

Greetings to everyone ...
As I begin my jouney with the app and Unleashed 22 I stumble across what might seem a lame or naive question: Can I ramp my interval ...
Say I want to star a Holy Grail of a Sunset with a 5 sec interval that later on becomes a 20 sec interval or vice versa for a sunrise ... begin the night with 20 sec and at the sunrise I want to speed things up to a 2-3 sec interval to capture the sun's fast paced movement.
Is there a way to do that ... if it does, is it in one of the interval modes inside the Holy Grail tab ...
Help is appreciated.
Regards
Leonardo
bezz

November 29th, 2023, 9:06 pm

I was also wondering, how to deal with interval ramping. I have the assumption, that the setup to "Flex" combined with a start ramp time, e.g. 5sec, could solve the problem. When you use such a setting, the app will display 5+ for ramp time. I expect Unleashed to extend the ramp time, when the exposure time is approaching the ramp time.
The question is, whether it keeps enough time for saving the photograph, which is, as you know, depending on several parameters, like camera model and data storage device. If you use the external timer from LRTimelapse, you can adjust the time between exposure and next trigger very precisely in parts of seconds. Maybe that possibility should be added in Unleashed.
Regards
Burghard
Oliver

December 1st, 2023, 10:53 am

Hi,

yes, that's exactly what FLEX is for.

the interval you set together with FLEX is treated as a minimum interval, hence the "5+" Interval.

If set to FLEX 5s, then the Unleashed will trigger every 5 seconds, but if the Shutterspeed becomes 5s or longer, it will automatically extend the interval flexibly, and trigger the next photo as soon as the previous one is done (and the Unleashed is done processing the holy grail calculations).

FLEX is not available on all cameras yet, but we're finding ways around limitations of the cameras where we don't support it yet, so even if you don't have it at the moment, it might well come in a firmware update in the future.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
recski

December 1st, 2023, 8:55 pm

Oliver, does it work the other way around ... say a begin with a 20sec interval at nighttime with FLEX for a sunrise holy grail and I set my shutter speed for daytime to 1-4000 and interval 3 seconds and ISO 100 .... will it increasingly speed up my interval from 20s to 3s if I set the ramping order to ISO->AV->T
Cheers
Leonardo
Oliver

December 22nd, 2023, 3:09 pm

First of all, sorry for the late reply. It's been a very busy month, but I'm doing my best to catch up with everyone before the Christmas break!

Yes, it will also work the other way round. Set your interval to FLEX 3s, then start at night with a shutterspeed of 20s, and the interval will get shorter and shorter as your exposuretime decreases.

Happy Holidays!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.