GPS Interval request for documentation

Let's help each other to become better photographers and videographers. Tips and tricks for better photos, videos, timelapse etc. are welcome.
nikori

November 7th, 2018, 5:18 pm

Hi Team,

I have read in a post from Oliver that the [GPS Interval] is used by the App in case the App goes to background mode.

Assume my camera Nikon D750 and Android:

In this configuration the [GPS Interval] is only selectable, if the USB cable is connected (and GPS is activated).

My Question: what are the timings for GPS transmission from the App to the Unleashed in all other cases:
i.e. If the App is in the foreground, or the USB cable is disconnected and the App is in the foreground or in the background?

Kind Regards

Nikon D750, Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1, Photo Mode of the APP 0.9.3, UNLEASHED N2
Andy

November 7th, 2018, 6:09 pm

Hi nikori,

The app sends GPS data to the Unleashed every [GPS interval] seconds. This setting should always be available as long as GPS is on (with and without USB cable). If you don't see it then there's a bug.

Is it always like that? I'm 100% sure that the GPS interval setting is correct in the Unleashed, so maybe there is a bug with the Android app. Or could you test your Unleashed with an iOS device just to confirm that the GPS interval is available?
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
nikori

November 15th, 2018, 9:16 pm

Hi Andy,

thank you for the answer, i.e. the [GPS interval] is counted in seconds.

The Android app 0.9.5 now shows the seconds slider if I select the GPS icon and I'm able to change it, i.e. no bug.

Kind Regards

Nikon D750, Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1, Photo Mode of the APP 0.9.5, UNLEASHED N2