Any concerns about the N2 falling out?

Anything else that doesn't fit in the other more specific Forums
hyy

August 24th, 2019, 10:57 pm

Worry that during a long day of shooting, it wiggles out of my D750 or Z7 and I don't notice it.

Has anyone had any issues with the N2 not staying in the port?
Oliver

September 5th, 2019, 6:51 pm

We had the Plug for the N2 custom made, and made sure that it has a very tight fit.
In fact, the first iteration was too tight, and that made it nearly impossible to get it out if you wanted to.
Now it's still not easy to pull out, and thanks to the low profile of the Unleashed, it's very difficult for any force to accidentally reach the Unleashed at an angle that could push it outward. If anything, it will keep getting pushed back in.

We have not had a report of anyone accidentally losing an N2.
Someone did manage to lose an N1, but that happened while pulling out the N1 from the camera, it flew out of his hand - probably because it was in the camera a little too tight ;-)
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Roundt

January 2nd, 2020, 3:29 pm

What tool is required to get it out anyway, Oliver?
Oliver

January 3rd, 2020, 12:05 pm

Hi,
there is no tool required to pull it out. But having smaller fingers helps! ;-)

I've found it works best to try to pinch the Unleashed by two corners diagonal to each other. Just make sure you always try to apply the force symmetrically on opposite sides of the plug, not just on one side/corner.
If it's very tight, using both hands, and prying it off with the fingernails of both index fingers gives you an even greater force.

I hope this helps!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.