Difference Between UNLEASHED ’18 & ’22?

Anything else that doesn't fit in the other more specific Forums
Oliver

November 18th, 2021, 11:27 am

The main new feature of the Unleashed '22 is the Gallery view, and being able to download & share high-resolution previews (up to Full HD), as well as some advanced Timelapse features, like flexible intervals, external intervalometers and motion control synchronisation.
For Canon, we also have a new form factor that will fit more cameras (especially also newer cameras)

But you can check out the FAQ we have in our Campaign for more details:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fo ... faq_379321

Of course you could also back us on Kickstarter AND get the currently available Unleashed '18 to use and enjoy while you wait for the new one 😜
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
hyy

May 3rd, 2022, 1:04 am

I've been using Unleashed '18 for several years.

I ordered a second one as backup.

Mostly use it for geotagging and for long exposure trigger.

I could never get the time lapse feature to work though, either on the D750 or the Z7.

Instead I use the built-in time-lapse features on the camera, which on the Z7 is limited to 4K time lapse movies, which may be good enough.

I do use a Syrup Genie 2 so I could be interested in this, though more for ramping time-lapse control, going from day to night for instance.

But the feature I would most want to have is geotagging support from external bluetooth GPS receivers, to use on planes for instance.

Any chance of such support?
Natasha

May 3rd, 2022, 7:20 pm

Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to successfully use the timelapse feature! Could you explain how you were going about it? Perhaps the reason it didn't work is something simple, like the interval being too short – but if a bug was preventing you from using it properly, it may also have been fixed in the update that was released today. Let me know if you still have issues after you perform the update!

The Unleashed does already work with some external gps devices. Here's a list of them:

Holux M-241 Plus
QStarz BL-1000ST
QStarz BL-1000GT
QStarz BL-818GT
Transystem GL-770

We have a blog post about this topic too which you can read https://www.foolography.com/2019/11/28/ ... unleashed/.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, ask away!
Marketing/Communications/Operations at Foolography
hyy

May 3rd, 2022, 7:24 pm

Natasha wrote:
May 3rd, 2022, 7:20 pm
Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to successfully use the timelapse feature! Could you explain how you were going about it? Perhaps the reason it didn't work is something simple, like the interval being too short – but if a bug was preventing you from using it properly, it may also have been fixed in the update that was released today. Let me know if you still have issues after you perform the update!

The Unleashed does already work with some external gps devices. Here's a list of them:

Holux M-241 Plus
QStarz BL-1000ST
QStarz BL-1000GT
QStarz BL-818GT
Transystem GL-770

We have a blog post about this topic too which you can read https://www.foolography.com/2019/11/28/ ... unleashed/.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, ask away!

I think I lacked a certain cable?

I was just looking at the app an it never seemed like the Time Lapse or Video mode for that matter was enabled.

On the GPS devices, what about QStarz BL-818XT?
kapital2008

May 30th, 2022, 1:47 am

Oliver wrote:
November 18th, 2021, 11:27 am
The main new feature of the Unleashed '22 is the Gallery view, and being able to download & share high-resolution previews (up to Full HD), as well as some advanced Timelapse features, like flexible intervals, external intervalometers and motion control synchronisation.
For Canon, we also have a new form factor that will fit more cameras (especially also newer cameras)

Does this mean that the current version ('18) already allows for focus bracketing? Thank you.
Oliver

June 11th, 2022, 12:33 pm

Sorry for the late reply.

No, the Unleashed '18 does not support focus bracketing. Only the Unleashed '22 will.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.