Nikon D5000 NP and USB 8P

Anything else that doesn't fit in the other more specific Forums
Beethoven1952

September 3rd, 2021, 10:12 pm

I am having trouble connecting the NP module and the USB 8P cable simultaneously
to my Nikon D5000.
I receive the error message: USB cable is unplugged Plug in USB cable. How can I plug in both the N2
module and the USB 8P so that both are plugged in ? An image might be helpful. Thank you
Oliver

September 3rd, 2021, 11:10 pm

Hi, and sorry for the trouble.

Exactly because of the problem you mention, we do not officially support the D5000 with anything other than remote triggering, geotagging and basic timelapse functionality.

We try to make this clear on the compatibility page in Footnote 3:
https://www.foolography.com/products/un ... atibility/

but unfortunately it's not clear enough if you go straight to our shop page, since we added the new camera selector. We're currently working on a more detailed compatibility table and extending parts of that to our shop page too.

That said, it is possible to modify our cable in such a way that it still does fit, and you'll get the full functionality on the D5000 too. If you're up to trying that yourself, you're very welcome to, and if it fails, we'll send you a new, already modified cable. Please send an email to support@foolography.com if you haven't already.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.