Could I use 2 or more Unleashed sync together at same time ?

Anything else that doesn't fit in the other more specific Forums
photosofafrica

September 26th, 2021, 12:03 pm

Is it possible to trigger 3 cameras same time , i want to capture a 360 holy grail time laps video
3x Nikon D750
3x 8mm lens
3x UNLEASHED ( can it be sync together ? )
1 360 rig

The result i need , 360 day to night video timelapse

Attachments
360 7.jpg
360 7.jpg (91.07 KiB) Viewed 6426 times
Oliver

September 27th, 2021, 11:51 am

Hi,

very cool Setup!

Yes, you can use 3 Unleasheds and run 3 holy grail timelapses simultaneously, from one app.

That said, each camera will be running its own calculations, so the settings of each camera will calculated and adjusted separately, and since they will be pointing in different directions, they'll almost definitely not stay in sync with each other. the trigger should be no problem, but the settings for each camera will probably vary after a while, making it more difficult to stitch later on.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Unfoolishly

October 1st, 2021, 11:42 pm

Could be an idea to have the App be the mandatory master and the Unleasheds the slaves while running the time lapses, causing the App to middle out the calculations for the timelapse settings.
Thus: Unleasheds do calculations, sends the data to the App, App does corrections for ALL Unleasheds, Unleasheds take control over next camera setting, take next photo, etc, etc. At least then you should not have any difference in the photo flickering between individual timelapses. Okay, so far for the theory. I think it is a big challenge to accomplish such hardware/software approach, but if more people use such camera setup, it's worth a beta proof of concept.... Again: when many request and actual need such solution.

Prediction: an even longer TODO list :)

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!