Documentation on the Unleashed

Anything else that doesn't fit in the other more specific Forums
LTN

October 18th, 2021, 12:10 pm

Hi,

Is there anywhere that I can get a manual or some sort of documentation for the New Unleashed ?

I also have the Unleashed 09 which came with a small manual and the description of the led during connection are quite well described.

Unfortunately the new Unleased does not have one and I cannot find what the LED means on the new Unleashed.

With this new version I've been having problems with the Bluetooth connecting to my Android phone which is frustrating.

Sometimes it connects very fast other time I've got to do all sorts of turning off and on, shutting down apps and even removing battery to get the connection.

And on top of all that, there is no description to tell me what the Led light color means.

I understand that there is upcoming firmware update, which I hope solves the connection issue and also power drain issue which I did not experience in 09 Unleashed version.

But first off, I would love to have somewhere in your FAQ or download section where I can get a description of the meaning of the LED lights changing color, blinking etc.

Thank you
LTN
Oliver

October 18th, 2021, 2:13 pm

Hi

No, we don't yet have a manual, but we do have lots of how-to's on our support pages. They are both in Video form as well as Text below the the video:

https://www.foolography.com/support/unleashed/

You're very welcome to try the Android Beta, which has significant improvements - especially when it comes to Bluetooth connectivity. We rewrote our entire Bluetooth API to reduce it in order to avoid certain issues with the Android Bluetooth Stack.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1045

You're right, until we have a manual, an FAQ with the LED colours would be helpful.

Here's the basics:

In normal mode:

Colors:
yellow: disconnected
turquoise: connected
light-blue: only an accessory (eg external gps) connected

Patterns:
Off: sleep or deep sleep.
Slow pulsing: Unleashed idle (eg when app in background)
Constantly on: Active
Triple blink: timelapse running.

Then, alternating with the above can be a red blink, indicating an error. Most errors we display are GPS errors, in which case you can open the app, and check on the top right corner, where there should be an error or warning icon. Tap that, and you'll see the errormessage. (More often than not, GPS errors are gone by then, because using your phone actively can improve GPS reception)

In Firmware update mode:
red: disconnected in firmware update mode
blue: connected in firmware update mode.

red blinking: error.
blue blinking: firmware update in progress

I hope that helps.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
LTN

October 31st, 2021, 10:30 am

hi Oliver,

thanks for your quick reply and thanks for the definition of the Led lights.

I've also updated to the latest firmware for the Unleashed.

Will test it out and see how it goes.

Regards
LTN