Unleashed '22 - for Sony, Fujifilm, Panasonic, Nikon and Canon now on Kickstarter + Huge App & Firmware Update 2.0.0

Anything else that doesn't fit in the other more specific Forums
Oliver

October 28th, 2021, 1:23 pm

Hey Everybody, a bit late to post here, but we have some BIG news!

UNLEASHED '22 IS LIVE ON KICKSTARTER!

Over the last 2 years we’ve worked hard on developing an Unleashed for more brands than just Canon and Nikon. We’re so excited to now finally announce the new Unleashed ‘22! It is compatible with Sony, Fujifilm, Panasonic as well as Canon and Nikon cameras. With Bluetooth 5.0 and huge internal improvements we managed to make it 10x faster, enabling us to add great new features! Check it out on Kickstarter!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fo ... ref=9fw807

unleashed-22-funded-square-face-540.jpg
unleashed-22-funded-square-face-540.jpg (116.05 KiB) Viewed 27757 times

The campaign was fully funded in just 2.5 hours and is going very well, but to make it really successful, we need your help! We’d really appreciate if you would tell friends, family or colleagues about our campaign, by simply sharing this link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fo ... ref=9fw807 and any (or all) of our posts on Social Media (@foolography). It’ll take only a few seconds of your time and be a huge help for us. Thank you so much for your support! 

APP & FIRMWARE UPDATE 2.0.0

We also have some great news for all of you: our current Unleashed users! We reworked every part of our firmware and much of our apps in preparation for the new Unleashed. And we made all these improvements available to our Unleashed ’18 users as a free update! 

update.jpg
update.jpg (27.24 KiB) Viewed 27757 times

Most of the time we spent developing the new Unleashed ‘22 was on reworking every part of our firmware and much of our apps. We’ve been beta testing this for quite some time with about 200 users, have since fixed many bugs and even added a small feature or two along the way. We fixed many edge cases after getting customer feedback, or that we found during the rework. So if you’ve ever had an issue or been unhappy with your Unleashed, you should really give it another try. And for most of you who are already happy with it, this update will make you even happier 😉

The most noticeable improvements in the 2.0.0 update for your Unleasheds are in speed and stability,  Bluetooth connectivity on Android, as well as autoramping reliability in all cases! For a complete list of changes, please see our changelogs here: https://www.foolography.com/products/un ... changelog/. After months of beta testing and internal testing, we’re confident we’ve ironed out virtually all bugs and issues. But amongst thousands of you using the Unleashed in creative ways, of course there’s a chance you’ll find something we missed. If you do, please don’t worry, and simply report it to support@foolography.com or on our community forum, and we’ll  get right on fixing it.

Greetings from Berlin
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
leisureman

November 1st, 2021, 7:58 am

I have the Unleashed '18 version. How is the new one different with the existing version. I use Canon cameras, will the '18 version connect to both of my canon (assuming I have an Unleashed on each of my cameras) at the same time like the new '22 version?

BTW, I love my Unleashed '18, even shelved my TL+ View.
Oliver

November 1st, 2021, 2:16 pm

The biggest news is that we're supporting new camera brands:
Sony, Fujifilm and Panasonic.
also, because of the new design with a smaller Unleashed + cable, The same Unleashed is more flexible and will fit more cameras, even across brands. Because of the new Hardware models, we'll also be able to cover all the newer Canon cameras that the Unleashed '18 doesn't fit, such as the 90D, 850D, 250D and of course the entire EOS R series.

It's a lot faster too, thanks to Bluetooth 5.0 and our internal speed improvements, so that allows for us to download high resolution preview images, which in turn means we could finally offer a Gallery view, where you can browse thumbnails of all the images on your camera, then download your favourites in High definition and share them right from the app.

There are also several new advanced timelapse features.

Check out the campaign page and the FAQ about this:
leisureman

November 1st, 2021, 3:15 pm

So will the new version works together with the current version of Unleashed on the same app?
Oliver

November 1st, 2021, 3:23 pm

Sorry, forgot to reply to that.

Yes, Both will have the same app, so you can use both at the same time.
Some of the new features, such as Gallery will be greyed out if you only have an Unleashed '18 connected.
hyy

March 3rd, 2024, 2:35 am

Oliver wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 1:23 pm

We also have some great news for all of you: our current Unleashed users! We reworked every part of our firmware and much of our apps in preparation for the new Unleashed. And we made all these improvements available to our Unleashed ’18 users as a free update! 
Oliver wrote:
November 1st, 2021, 2:16 pm

There are also several new advanced timelapse features.

Does this mean the "advanced timelapse features are back ported to the Unleased '18 as well?

In particular, I'm interested in the following two features from the Kickstarter page for the Unleashed '22:

1. Variable intervals for day to night transition.

2. Communicating with motion controllers, specifically the Genie Mini II.

Or does only the actually Unleashed '22 have these new features enabled in the app?
Oliver

March 4th, 2024, 9:54 am

Exactly these two features are only available for the new Unleashed '22.
- Flexible intervals
- Motion control synchronisation (both methods: Unleashed sending move commands to MOCO via Bluetooth, as well as the Unleashed doing Holy grail calculations while the camera gets triggered by an external intervalometer - usually a motion controller)

However all the other improvements on the Timelapse screen, are also available for the Unleashed '18. You can now choose which of the following settings you want to specify, and which will be calculated by the Unleashed:
- Interval,
- Shooting time,
- Number of shots,
- Playback framerate,
- Playback time

(tap on the arrows to change that)