What is happening here? Is Foolography already insolvent? [No, of course not!]

Anything else that doesn't fit in the other more specific Forums
angryuser

February 1st, 2024, 1:29 am

Hi there,
I am sorry to ask this question here, but you cut off all other options to get in contact with you.
I am one of the many users that did not receive any reply to their email and calls at all!
I am a very early supporter and initially thought, that an existing company already knows about the business and would act more serious within their Kickstarter campaign.
Right now it seems to me that I lost the money I invested in the Unleashed. This is quite annoying, especially after having put your trust in you for such a long time and repeatedly convincing yourself that you might just be overwhelmed, but that you're not "bad" after all.

But now that a friend has tried to order a device marked as available via your store and has heard nothing more from you apart from the debit of the money - no shipping notification or at least no information of any kind - unfortunately I can no longer "talk myself into" anything other than that you are either already insolvent or are still collecting the last funds and then closing the doors.

I am quite sure that this post will be erased by some admin in the near future, but I advise all dedillusioned customers to search for the corresponding terms on facebook to find each other there.

Btw- I read about several cusomers that did not receive their devices and all of them seem to have supported not only one but two or more devices- and probably your pledge manager is still completely buggy and making faults for these supporters- the hope dies last ...
mopperle

February 1st, 2024, 9:41 am

I'm also upset. Last Update was from end of December, announcing the shipment of the last 300 items before end of January. Now they missed the deadline once again. I give them another 4 weeks till end of February and will then ask for a refund.
Regards,
Otto
Oliver

February 1st, 2024, 2:16 pm

Hi,
I'm sorry for all the trouble.
I just got back from a business trip, which unfortunately collided with the leave of my colleague that normally handles communication. If you wrote in the last ~10 days, you would have gotten an automatic response with this information and that we will only be able to respond from next week on.

And no, we are not insolvent - odd that you would immediately jump to such a conclusion! If you were also the one that wrote this as a review on Google Business (very similar wording), please delete that, as it is defamatory, and simply untrue.
The problem is that the only people writing comments on Kickstarter are the ones that have not received their Unleasheds, and are understandably unhappy about that! So this paints a very one-sided picture, and unfortunately it's the negative side of the picture! All the thousands of others are hopefully happily using their Unleasheds!

And yes, we have almost everything in Stock now, and are shipping Unleasheds several times every week (except for the last 10 days)!
If you read the last Kickstarter/Indiegogo updates, you should have seen the progress with the Mini USB Plugs - a Saga that is unfortunately still not over.
There's an update on that coming soon, but as usual, we're still waiting for more concrete info from our manufacturing partner...

So: if you ordered an Unleashed with a Mini USB connector, we still have not shipped those.
Everything else is available, and shipping.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
angryuser

February 2nd, 2024, 12:55 am

Hello Oliver!
It is very sad to have to go to such lengths just to get a response from you.
As mentioned before, not only I, but a lot of customers have tried to get in touch with you somehow without success - on Kickstarter alone there are dozens if not hundreds of posts from disgruntled backers.
Maybe you should hire someone for two months to take care of the communication with the hundreds of badly treated customers - you are currently creating a really bad image for yourselves in the public eye - you don't need any more internet reviews.
If it's really just down to the last cable, then I wonder why you don't supply all customers with different adapters and/or devices - or even all of them - and not simply send the missing cables later by letter.
The main problem is no longer that there are delivery and/or quality problems, but your dealings with the people who have long ago advanced you money in exchange for a promise.
However, as I have emphasized several times - hope dies last. I would like to believe your words, but in the end YOU have to change something to get back the lost trust.
mopperle

February 2nd, 2024, 7:56 am

So: if you ordered an Unleashed with a Mini USB connector, we still have not shipped those.
Everything else is available, and shipping.
So why dont you make a partial shipping? I have ordered 2 items, one for the EOS 6DMII and one for the EOS R. So you could at least ship the one for the EOS R.
Regards,
Otto
gamewiz83

February 21st, 2024, 2:50 pm

Because it's easier to ship them together. Less likelihood of anything getting lost.

I have received mine a whole ago. Yes it was longer than expected but the team has been forthcoming with all the issues.

When you finally do receive your package you will see that they ship them together for a reason. One box, clearly marked with cabling. Reduce packaging, reduce shipping costs.

It's not a scam. Just hold out a bit longer. I know its frustrating but they will deliver.
Withnail

March 26th, 2024, 5:12 am

Wish Id read this thread before I ordered.
I have a shoot in Japan coming up and I figured that this would be a great tool to use. I ordered this and multiple other items specifically for the shoot. All the other items have either arrived or were at least sent within two working days.
Ive asked a couple of times for an ETA and received no response.
Its really unprofessional.