Entagged Syncing with multiple cameras

Anything else that doesn't fit in the other more specific Forums
carlosB

March 5th, 2024, 6:22 pm

I purchased 2-Entaggeg units. I will be using them at the same shoot.
I was told when I purchased them that when I update data on one that both stations would sync the data if on wifi. This is not happening. Please help in explaining how to do this. I have emailed support and no response. I'm not very happy with the level of customer service so far with this product.
Oliver

March 6th, 2024, 9:09 am

Hi Carlos,

I just replied to your email, then saw your post here. Here's my reply:

I just returned from a Business trip to Japan and China, and still have some catching up to do, sorry for the delay.

Synchronisation only works when using a GotPhoto account. Both devices need to be logged in to the same account (or two individual photographer accounts that both have access to the same job). When importing a job, the last option on the import dialog is the Synchronisation. By default, it's set to manual synchronisation. You can set it to automatic synchronisation every 30s, 1m, 2m, etc. You'll need to do that on both devices.

You can always manually sync by going up to the top level "PROJECTS", and tapping on the sync icon in the front of a job. I'll start spinning when it synchronises. The jobs set to automatically sync will have an (A) on the sync icon. In addition to the periodic sync, the apps will also trigger a sync right before and after an edit/add/delete, so any changes you make on the namelist will be reflected in the gotphoto backend pretty much immediately. The second device will get those changes on the next synchronisation.

I hope this helps!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.