N1 compatible with WR-R10?

Anything else that doesn't fit in the other more specific Forums
msa

October 31st, 2018, 12:43 am

Hello,

On Nikon cameras with a 10 pin connector, the WR-R10 wireless remote receiver is designed to plug in to the WR-A10. It appears to me that the Foolography N1 has the same connector on the top as the WR-A10, and the WR-R10 will fit. However I do not own a WR-R10 and have not tried. Aside from fitting, can one actually use Nikon's wireless remote by plugging the WR-R10 into the N1?

Here's Nikon's info on these wireless accessories:

https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-produ ... r-set.html

Danke!
Oliver

November 1st, 2018, 3:41 pm

Almost. It does fit (on the N1, not so much on the N2 which is too close to the camera body), and we have made the pins of that plug compatible. however, we currently don't provide power to that port unless our custom USB cables. This is something we could change in a future firmware version though.
Any other MC-DC2 compatible remote release will work though - the pins are connected through to the round 10 pin port. I just tested - the WR-1 works so with power even the WR-R10 should work. However, what definitely does not (yet) work is that external flashes like the SB-5000 can be controlled with a WR-R10 plugged into an Unleashed N1. This is something we are looking into, and have made some preparations for, but it will require a lot of work in Firmware with a very low priority at the moment!

Why would you want to use the WR-R10 though? you can so nicely trigger the camera through the Unleashed itself ;-)

IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1393.jpg (89.38 KiB) Viewed 4656 times
IMG_1386.jpg
IMG_1386.jpg (117.62 KiB) Viewed 4656 times
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.