Co-existing with and sharing GPS with other apps

Anything else that doesn't fit in the other more specific Forums
diviner

November 9th, 2018, 6:46 pm

I am looking forward to getting a chance to play with my Unleashed (I am away on holiday at the moment) and I have a question.

How well does the app co-exist with, and share the GPS with, other apps running on the phone?

I have a Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 at the moment, running Android 7.0. As well as supporting my Unleashed I also use it for navigation in the car (usually Waze, occasionally Google Navigate), playing Pokemon Go, and the odd other app that uses GPS from time to time. It's not the end of the world if the Unleashed doesn't co-operate fully, particularly with SatNav apps, but it would be nice if it could share cleanly with at least some of the other stuff I do.
Ian Gordon
Camberley, UK (within a few km of https://w3w.co/music.bracelet.leathers
)
Kickstarter backer
Canon EOS100D
Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016), Android 7.0
Oliver

November 10th, 2018, 7:52 pm

Hi

Our app requests the location from the operating system using standard API requests, there is no reason at all why this should cause any problems with other apps. In fact it might make both apps actually work better (eg find an accurate position quicker), if another the system already calculated a position for another app recently... :-)
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
watsonm

January 9th, 2019, 9:59 am

I am using unleashed with a Nikon D7200 and Waze with no issues now the android software has been updated.
-----------------------------
Regards MIke