Canon 850D

Anything else that doesn't fit in the other more specific Forums
Francoisa

August 25th, 2020, 3:25 pm

Hello, I am interested in UNLEASHED and wanted to know if it works with the Canon 850D. Since the Canon 850D has a Micro Usb port, I think I would need the C1 model.

Thank you
Oliver

August 25th, 2020, 4:37 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately, neither the Unleashed C1 nor the C2 fit the 850D directly. Yes, it does have a micro USB port, but unfortunately, the orientation of the USB port is different to the hdmi port, and our Unleashed C1 is designed with both plugs in the same orientation.

It is however possible to use the Unleashed with the 850D with adapter cables. While this does make it lose the slick flat design, it does allow you to use all of the cool features. For some use cases, this might be totally acceptable (eg long exposures or timelapses on a tripod), it might not be for others (eg geotagging while hiking).
We have a blog-entry about the adapters you might need:

https://www.foolography.com/2019/12/12/ ... atibility/

Sorry I don' t have better news!

That said, we are working on something for all these new cameras - stay tuned!
be sure to register to our newsletter at the bottom of our website to be the first to hear something.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Francoisa

August 26th, 2020, 4:11 pm

Thanks, so if I wanted to buy the unleashed for my 850D, I would need the Canon C1 module with a Manhattan 353458 and a Micro USB socket to Micro USB plug cable. But the Micro USB socket to Micro USB plug cable is difficult to find. May be take a c2 and is that the cables you sell for nikon would go?

François