A way to disable unleashed time out.

Anything else that doesn't fit in the other more specific Forums
ctjed100

April 28th, 2021, 4:08 am

I shoot wildlife photos. Bluetooth gives me the luxury of operating my camera from a decent distance. Most of my time in the field is spent waiting for the shot, which can happen in an instant. Except the unit or the app times out to save power. The extra steps needed to wake the unit up is causing me to miss shots. I have extra power for both the camera and the phone, so power saving is not needed. Can the app include a toggle to switch off the power saving feature?

Thanks for your help.
Oliver

April 28th, 2021, 11:09 am

Hi

The activity timeout is currently fixed, but the next big update will allow you to change this timeout, so you could set it to a really long time to effectively disable it.

The timeout resets every time you touch the screen of your phone, so if you keep on tapping anywhere on the app while you wait, it will not go to idle.
That said, the trigger should work instantly even when the Unleashed is idle, even if all the settings are currently not available. Is that not what you're seeing?

Which camera and what phone are you using?
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
ctjed100

April 28th, 2021, 7:25 pm

Thanks for your reply.
Yesterday, The time out screen would not allow me to shoot until I woke it up, and tapping it to keep it awake is a pain.
So I reinstalled the app, removed and reinserted the module, and everything seems to work. Maybe I was using an older version of the Android app.
Thanks for your help.