GPS problem -Nikon D810

Bugs and Issues only for the Beta version of our apps and firmware
Ruuddesoet

September 24th, 2021, 10:02 pm

I have a problem when I use the GPS function in mode GPS.
In this setting I can use once (1x) the release button (on camera and in App) but second time it failed. Only when I switch the setting from GPS/GPS in GPS/Trigger the “blocked” shutter will be released.
Sometimes I can see GPS data in my camera but mostly it’s empty.
It happens in the latest final release and also in Beta version 2.0.0 (1650)
Oliver

September 24th, 2021, 10:20 pm

I'll move it to the Beta forum, if you're currently on the Beta.

We haven' t had any similar reports or encountered the error ourselves. Could you give us a few more details?
iOS or Android?
with or without USB cable plugged in?
Triggering form App or from camera?
Smartphone location or external GPS?

Thanks already!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Ruuddesoet

September 24th, 2021, 11:15 pm

Requested information: IOS WITHOUT USB cable plugged I can set GPS in Trigger mode and GPS mode.
In Trigger mode I can release in APP and on camera. In GPS mode I can release only on camera, releasing in APP can't and get a msg: "Long exposer duration is available. Camera is shooting, Wait until the camera ends the shot.".
But the camera is not shooting because I can release the camera button for a new shoot.
When I releasing in the APP (GPS mode) I get the message when I press on the "I" in the right upper corner. When I release in the APP (GPS mode) the camera will not shoot but when I swith to Trigger the camera will release and take a picture.
When I look on my D810 panel for location info I can't see any GPS info. Sometimes I have seen some info but 99% it's empty.
When I use the USB cable with GPS enabled I can not select GPS or Trigger mode. This means that, when I use a USB cable and GPS on I can't release from the APP. I get the same msg like above.
This means that GPS will not work for my D810.
I don't know if this is a software or hardware error but I buy this plugin also for the GPS function.
Ruuddesoet

October 2nd, 2021, 4:28 pm

Today I got a msg from Testflight (IOS) for an update of the firmware for the Unleashed.
Firmware was updated correctly but I hav still GPS problems.
When I set GPS OFF al functions are working fine.
When I set GPS on and select time in seconds and mode Trigger then I can release the camera in the APP and on camera. No GPS data saved om picture.
When I set GPS on and select any number of seconds AND mode GPS on I can't release the shutter in the APP but only on camera. No location data is stored.
When I set GPS on with mode GPS is can't release in the APP but when I change to mode Trigger the shutter will be released (delayed after changing the mode in Trigger)
The only difference in this new Beta release is that NO "I" will be displayed in the upper right corner with a msg.
One remarks about the release button in the App. When I use the button, without GPS on, I can see the middle circle will be smaller en bigger. When I set GPS ON and Mode GPS ON the middle circle will be smaller after pressing the button but stays smaller for a longer time, without releasing the shutter on the camera.

When I am the only IOS and Nikon D810 user than I think the Unleashed plug will be defect. If so, then I expect a new one from Foolography! This will be guaranty issue.
Ruuddesoet

October 21st, 2021, 10:42 am

Any news about the Nikon D810 and GPS problem?
Are there other Nikon D810 users with the same problem?
In a mail from foolography they told me that it will be fixed in the new Beta version but still a problem and also in the official release.
Response will be fine!