Liveview stream

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
wdaehn

October 30th, 2018, 7:35 pm

Would be good to have a liveview feed as well optionally.
Example: I put the camera very low to the ground, now I want to make sure it points into the correct direction. So I would want to turn on liveview in your app, watch the live feed in the app, make the adjustments to the camera position and then exit liveview mode to start taking pictures.
It does not need to be a live feed with zero latency and 30fps. Everything is better than having to take a picture just to check the camera orientation.
Samsung Galaxy S8 latest update
Nikon Z6.
Oliver

November 1st, 2018, 4:33 pm

As you can imagine, a lot of people want this, and this is something we are working on.

However if you look at the transfer speed of the thumbnails, you can also imagine why we haven't enabled it yet. ;-) We need to seriously speed things up if we want liveview to be useable.

But that's good to hear, that you would be happy with low framerate live-view too.
Until then, you can always take a couple of photos with photo review turned on to get framing right. I know it's not ideal, but that already works!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
yannick1990

September 5th, 2019, 11:01 am

Hello everybody,

is it foreseeable when the live-view function will come?

greeting
Yannick
Oliver

September 5th, 2019, 6:40 pm

Hi Yannick

We are currently working on transmitting larger image previews, and speeding up all the transfer speeds for this. This hopefully paves the way for any kind of live-view to be possible.
However, until we get live-view working properly after that, will still take quite a while! So I cannot make any promises.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
yannick1990

September 5th, 2019, 7:47 pm

Hello Oliver,

Thanks for the information. I'm glad if the live view feature ever comes. For most photographers, this feature is probably unseen.