Z6/iOS Long Exposure Time issues

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
chrislast

September 15th, 2020, 10:46 am

Hi

I have a Z6 ( latest firmware ) and iPhone 10plus firmware A1.4.4, B1.4.9, C 1.4.0 using USB cable.

issue: Set Camera to M, shutter to Bulb, Long Exposure to Time, then scroll past off to the times select any of those times and press shutter button on app and it immediately fires, no orange delay on any time.

If I select long shutter speeds up to 30 secs all works fine, select time and hold shutter button down works fine, select Bulb then Time - and select any time it fires no delay.

I have repaired, battery out, unplugged cable no change - all works fine apart from this feature.

Best Regards

Chris
Andy

September 15th, 2020, 12:52 pm

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the trouble. This is an issue known to us. Unfortunately, there is a small bug in the app that causes the Unleashed to stop the long exposure to when you release the trigger button in the app.

A workaround for now is to tap the button as quickly as possible, so that your finger has left the button before the app knows that the Unleashed has started the long exposure shot. Our iOS developer knows about this and the fix will come with next release.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
chrislast

September 15th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Thanks Andy that's fine.

Chris