Normal battery drain??

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Oliver

November 13th, 2020, 2:40 am

Bill, you're absolutely correct.

Unfoolishly, no, no, you got it wrong. You CAN almost eliminate battery drain by turning the camera on and off again after changing battery, sd card or lens! The coming firmware will make this workaround unnecessary and further reduce the minimal battery usage, which I assure you is much much less than you make it out to be!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Unfoolishly

November 13th, 2020, 1:33 pm

Oliver wrote:
November 13th, 2020, 2:40 am
Bill, you're absolutely correct.

Unfoolishly, no, no, you got it wrong. You CAN almost eliminate battery drain by turning the camera on and off again after changing battery, sd card or lens! The coming firmware will make this workaround unnecessary and further reduce the minimal battery usage, which I assure you is much much less than you make it out to be!
Hi Oliver,
Well I be d*mned. You mean that there IS a difference (within the current firmware/App) that you can turn ON the camera (after a SD/lens/battery switch) while the camera was OFF and thus make the Unleashed turn OFF? How? No really: how?

What changes have been make in the upcoming firmware to reduce battery drainage even more?
I have some improvements in mind:
- configurable BT connection drop after camera is turned OFF (configurable in the App)
- deep sleep state earlier reached by the Unleashed (configurable in the App)
- "off"-state in state machine to not wake up after smartphone connects to a turned OFF camera for hours/days/weeks.
- any other improvements?

You really mean that it differs between:
A) changing a lens on a turned OFF camera
versus
B) changing a lens on a turned OFF camera and turning the camera ON/OFF so that the Unleashed can be turned "off"?

I need to see prove of that by a video! Seeing is believing!

Maybe this is a good idea (creating a video) with the latest enhancements in the Unleashed? Like a "The Unleashed got even better as of December 2020!".
If this is a major update, maybe a feature-rich update video of the new features or improved features prevents ambiguity/inexactness towards users.

Well, you got me fooled, that's for sure ;-)

I am REALLY looking forward to this new major firmware/App update, because battery drainage is still a problem on my camera's with an attached Unleashed (with latest firmware).

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!