Accessory GPS BT connection lost, then not signaled in App [fixed in Beta 4]

Bugs and Issues only for the Beta version of our apps and firmware
Unfoolishly

September 11th, 2021, 4:12 pm

Hi All,

Small 'bug': Accessory GPS BT connection lost, then not signaled in App.

When I set the GPS provider in the App to external (accessory), and the accessory gets disconnected from the Unleashed, it doesn't get signaled back from the Unleashed to the App.
The Unleashed RED LED does signal to the user there is something wrong with the GPS signalling, but only the LED gives feedback, but when the smartphone is connected, no feedback is given to the App UI: no visual indication, no audio signal. Latter is of cause not implemented, but I expected that the UI showed a disconnected external GPS device.

Snapshots:
Screenshot_20210911-155353.png
Screenshot_20210911-155846.png

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Oliver

September 11th, 2021, 5:57 pm

Yup, we still have some todos in this direction.
I think the iOS app already displays the errors, but it's not yet implemented on Android.
We're currently refactoring the main screens, to make additions like this a lot easier in the future.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Unfoolishly

September 11th, 2021, 7:21 pm

Yes, it's a warm welcome to have this as well signaled back from the Unleashed to the smartphone.
Make it so that the App uses visual feedback, audible feedback and phone-vibrating feedback to distinct when App is open, App is in the background and App/smartphone is in the pocket of the user. Sure will help in quickly recovery because user is informed directly.
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Unfoolishly

September 11th, 2021, 10:40 pm

Oliver wrote:
September 11th, 2021, 5:57 pm

We're currently refactoring the main screens, to make additions like this a lot easier in the future.
I hope/wish the error message system will be overhauled too, because that "error triangle" or "error stop sign" in the upper right corner is a bit clumsy. It only tells us there is SOMEWHERE something wrong??? Better would be to have an error-traffic-light kind of system per item or group of items making it more clear if all systems are go or no-go. Like this:
traffic-light-error-signaling.png
The user is signaled there is something wrong with (for example) the ISO settings, the internal GPS location (smartphone) = left dot, but not with the external GPS location (GPS receiver) = right dot. There is also nothing wrong with the thumbnails being received. See what I mean?

If there is something wrong per item or group of items, you just press that item and somewhere in the UI some explanatory text shows up. And if you press another item which is also in error, the text of that error is shown instead. And when you now press the the previous error item that specific error is shown again. Currently this is NOT working to focus on the error at hand, picking the error you first want to deal with, then the second, third, fourth, etc.

At least don't make a circus out of it! Too much is excessive information overload for the user. It should not be made into a Christmas tree!

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Oliver

October 16th, 2021, 12:46 pm

This should be solved in Beta 4
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.